Dube TradePort Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
What is Bursary
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DUBE TRADEPORT
Dube TradePort Corporation, founded in 2003, is a business entity owned by the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government. The company manages the Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone, an infrastructure project set up to promote local and international trade.
ABOUT THE DUBE TRADEPORT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Dube TradePort Corporation is inviting students residing within KwaZulu-Natal province, to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Agriculture (Crops / Plants)
- Built Environment
- Information Technology
- Maritime Studies (Land-based)
Bursaries will be awarded based on these factors: academic record, affordability level of the parent/s or guardian, company available budget, and other relevant criteria.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DUBE TRADEPORT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- You must reside within the KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification, within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be in your second, third or fourth year of study
- You must be studying at one of the following institutions: the University of KwaZulu Natal, University of Zululand, Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology or UNISA
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DUBE TRADEPORT BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Dube TradePort Bursary Application 2022
(Reference number: 194791)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parent or guardian proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DUBE TRADEPORT BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Dube TradePort directly:
Tel: 032 814 0000
Contact page: https://www.dubetradeport.co.za/Pages/Contact
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.