Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) Bursary 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PAMSA
Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) Bursary | The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA), founded in 1992, is known for promoting paper as a renewable and recyclable material for packaging, communication and various other applications.
PAMSA represent more than 90% of South Africa’s paper, packaging and tissue manufacturers, in fact, they are called the ‘voice of the pulp and paper industry.
ABOUT THE PAMSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022/ 2024 academic year.
The bursary will cover studies towards a Master in Chemical Engineering, at any of the participating universities: the University of Stellenbosch, University of Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria and the University of North West.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the PAMSA Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE PAMSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will provide funding for 2 years of full-time study, to the value of R160 000 per year.
Students will also have the opportunity to acquire advanced skills during the postgraduate training, within specialist fields (including chemical analysis, process modelling, material flow analysis, material and energy balances, wood science and separation techniques).
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a contract with PAMSA industrial partner, which will require them to work for 2 years after graduation, as an engineer-in-training.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview, which will be conducted in August 2022. Applicants who do not receive any feedback should consider their application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PAMSA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must preferably be a South African citizen
- You must be a BSc graduate or a final year BSc student
- You must have achieved or will achieve a minimum overall average of 60% in your final year of study
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must complete your BSc qualification in 5 years or less
- You must be interested in studying full-time towards a Masters’s in Chemical Engineering (focusing on biotechnology within the pulp, paper, tissue and paper packaging sectors)
- You must study at one of the following institutions: the University of Stellenbosch, University of Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria or University of North West
- You must meet the requirements of the institution, for the course of study
- Your research project must benefit the industry and satisfy the research framework
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PAMSA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at PAMSA Bursary Application 2022-2024
Submit clear copies of the following documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full academic record/ transcripts for all years of university study (on institutions letterhead)
- A motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary (1 page)
- Letter of reference from the lecturer (with their contact details)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PAMSA BURSARY
31 July 2022 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PAMSA directly:
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 011 803 5063
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered