Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) Bursary 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PAMSA
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA), founded in 1992, are known for promoting paper as a renewable and recyclable material for packaging, communication and various other applications.
PAMSA represent more than 90% of South Africa’s paper, packaging and tissue manufacturers they are called the ‘voice of the pulp and paper industry.
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) are inviting students to apply for the postgraduate bursary programme. The bursary will cover 2 years of study, towards a Master of Engineering (MEng) in Chemical Engineering, at 1 of the approved Universities (University of Pretoria/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of the North West/ University of the Witwatersrand).
MORE ABOUT THE PAMSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide funding for 2 years of full-time study, to the value of R130 000 per year. Students will also have the opportunity to acquire advanced skills during the postgraduate training, within specialist fields (including chemical analysis, process modelling, material flow analysis, material and energy balances, wood science and separation techniques).
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – if you do not receive any feedback, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PAMSA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must preferably be a South African citizen (advantageous but not essential)
- You must be a BSc Eng Chemical Engineering graduate or a final year BSc Eng Chemical Engineering student
- You must be interested in studying full-time towards an MEng Chemical Engineering (within the biotechnology space of the pulp, paper and packaging industry)
- You must have achieved or will achieve a minimum overall average of 60% in your final year of study
- You must have a good academic record
- You must be completing your BSc qualification in under 5 years
- You must study at one of the following institutions: the University of Pretoria, University of Stellenbosch, University of the North West or University of the Witwatersrand
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PAMSA BURSARY
Applications must be done online at PAMSA Bursary Application
Submit clear copies of the following documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any other supporting motivations
- Reference letter signed from a lecturer or HOD (must include the following details: references full name, relationship to applicant, contact number and email address)
- Full academic record (signed or stamped copy of your full academic record to date)
- All documents must preferably be submitted in pdf format.
- If you are having trouble uploading your supporting documents, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (ensure that you put your name in the email subject line).
- Make sure that your file names do not contain any special characters (including apostrophes or other punctuation marks), as this may affect the uploading.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PAMSA BURSARY
30 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PAMSA directly:
Tel: 011 803 5063