Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) Bursary 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PAMSA
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA), founded in 1992, are known for promoting paper as a renewable and recyclable material for packaging, communication and various other applications.
PAMSA represent more than 90% of South Africa’s paper, packaging and tissue manufacturers they are called the ‘voice of the pulp and paper industry’.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) will be awarding bursaries to postgraduate Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in Chemical Engineering students, to study at one of the approved Universities (University of Pretoria/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of the North West/ University of the Witwatersrand).
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide funding for 2 years of study, to the value of R130 000 per year. Students will also have the opportunity to acquire advanced skills during the postgraduate training, within specialist fields (including chemical analysis, process modelling, material flow analysis, material and energy balances, wood science and separation techniques).
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and interviews will be held in July 2020 – if you have not received any feedback, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen (advantageous but not essential)
- Completed a BSc Chemical Engineering degree qualification
- Completed your studies in a maximum period of 5 years (or less)
- Good academic record
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your final year of study
- Interested in studying towards a full-time M.Eng Chemical Engineering qualification in the biotechnology space of the pulp, paper and board packaging industry
- Will study at one of the following institutions: University of Pretoria/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of the North West/ University of the Witwatersrand
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://www.thepaperstory.co.za/master-of-engineering/application/
Submit clear copies of the following documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any other supporting motivations
- Reference letter (must include the following details: references full name, relationship to applicant, contact number and email address)
- Details about your areas of interest (eg bioresource engineering/ novel material development using wood or paper fibre/ energy efficiency/ renewable energy and biopolymers/ water technology etc)
22 June 2020 (extension from 8 May 2020).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PAMSA directly:
Tel: 011 803 5063