Old Mutual Accounting Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OLD MUTUAL
Old Mutual Accounting Bursary South Africa | Old Mutual is Southern Africa’s most well-established and biggest financial services provider, providing services to individuals and businesses. The company’s personal finance solutions include a range of insurance coverage options and savings plans for individuals, including financial planning; retirement planning; education planning; savings and investments; disability and severe illness cover; wills and trusts; short-term insurance life insurance and funeral cover.
The company’s business solutions include institutional investing; retirement investments; consulting services; retirement fund solutions; corporate servicing; cell captive solutions; employee well-being; risk and disability benefits; business insurance and agriculture insurance.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Old Mutual is inviting students to apply for their Accounting Bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
The bursary will be awarded for studies towards a Chartered Accounting qualification, at any of these selected institutions: the University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch, University of the Western Cape, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Free State, University of Fort Hare, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of South Africa, Rhodes University, North-West University, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
The Old Mutual Accounting Bursary is aimed at young individuals who are passionate about making a career for themselves in Chartered Accounting.
MORE ABOUT THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Old Mutual Accounting Bursary.
The Old Mutual bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance, general allowance, accommodation in residence and one return flight home each year if studying outside of your hometown. Students will also have the chance to partake in vacation work, during the holidays.
Bursary recipients will receive support for the full duration of their degree and students who achieve excellent grades will receive more incentives.
Once students have graduated, they will also receive the following opportunities: solo mentoring by a qualified and experienced CA, guaranteed employment, an in-house rotation programme allowing you access to professional development in various areas and working alongside industry experts in various fields.
WHAT AN ACCOUNTING CAREER INVOLVES
Chartered Accountants are involved with various aspects of financial work, including:
- Managing financial systems and budgets
- Undertaking financial audits
- Providing financial advice
- Preparation of financial reports and documents
- Maintaining investment records
- Reviewing possible financial risk
- Providing professional opinions and advice to companies regarding financial decisions
- Management or business roles
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate Chartered Accounting qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: the University of Cape Town, University of Stellenbosch, University of the Western Cape, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Free State, University of Fort Hare, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of South Africa, Rhodes University, North-West University, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% or level 6 for ALL subjects in Matric (including English and Mathematics – NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must be committed to entering the Old Mutual CA Training Programme and work for the company after graduation
- You must have good communication skills (written and spoken)
- You must have good organisational skills
- You must have good time management skills
- You must have strong mathematical skills
- You must have business interest and awareness
- You must be committed and self-motivated
- You must take initiative
- You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You must have strong leadership qualities
- You must have integrity
- You must be trustworthy
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- You must be a logical thinker
- You must have a creative mind
- You must have good judgement and decision-making skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Old Mutual Accounting Bursary Application 2022
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
OLD MUTUAL BURSARY APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Step 1: Complete the online application form by filling in personal information and academic results.
Step 2: after completing step 1, students will be required to complete online gamified assessments and a psychometric assessment.
Step 3: after completing step 2, students will receive an email to complete the digital application form – this form will ask students to explain why they would like to apply for the Old Mutual Bursary and why they are interested in a career in Accounting.
Step 4: after completing step 3, students will be invited to an online interview – the interview will assess students’ true interest in Accounting and give the team a chance to get to know them better.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Tel: 021 504 7285 / 021 509 2656
Email: email@example.com (for technical issues when applying)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.