Old Mutual Accounting Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OLD MUTUAL
Old Mutual is Southern Africa’s most well-established and biggest financial services provider, providing services to individuals and businesses. The companies personal finance solutions include a range of insurance coverage options and savings plans for individuals, including financial planning; retirement planning; education planning; savings and investments; disability and severe illness cover; wills and trusts; short-term insurance life insurance and funeral cover.
The companies business solutions include institutional investing; retirement investments; consulting services; retirement fund solutions; corporate servicing; cell captive solutions; employee well being; risk and disability benefits; business insurance and agriculture insurance.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The Old Mutual Accountancy Bursary will be awarded for Accounting studies at the University of Cape Town/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of the Witwatersrand/ University of Pretoria.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation in residence, meals, prescribed books, general allowance and one return flight home each year for learners studying outside of their hometown. Students will also receive the following benefits: networking opportunities, incentives for good performance, emotional and academic support, as well as the chance to undertake vacation work (from your 2nd year of study).
Students will be required to commit to the Old Mutual CA Training Programme, take part in vacation work and on completion of your studies, you must work at the company for a specific duration of time.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum Level 6 or 70% for all subjects in Matric, including English and Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Studying or intend on studying towards an Accounting qualification
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town/ University of Stellenbosch/ University of the Witwatersrand/ University of Pretoria
- Intend on pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting
- Agree to join the Old Mutual CA Training Programme and working for CA Training Programme after graduation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://oldmutual.hazie.co.za/jobDetails/01ea05b7-9e5a-4a1d-b87b-276644e0eaa2
Students will be required to register an account here: https://oldmutual.hazie.co.za/register before they can log in and apply here: https://oldmutual.hazie.co.za/login
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results, if completed Matric or currently at University (certified copy)
30 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Tel: 021 504 7285