Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – OLD MUTUAL
Old Mutual was founded in 1845 in Cape Town, South Africa, as the countries first mutual life insurance provider. Today, the company offers banking; savings; investment; asset management; life assurance; property and personal insurance to its almost 19 million customers across Africa, North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The company has 4 business, including: Old Mutual Emerging Markets (OMEM); Old Mutual Asset Management (OMAM); Old Mutual Wealth (OMW) and Nedbank. Old Mutual is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), as well as the London Stock Exchange (LSE) among others and boasts a workforce of around 64,000 employees.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary is aimed at students who have a love for numbers and wish to follow a career as an Actuary. Bursaries will be awarded for those studying Actuarial Science at the University of Cape Town/ University of Witwatersrand/ University of Pretoria/ Stellenbosch University.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, meals, accommodation, textbook allowance, travel allowance and a general allowance.
Students will also receive the following benefits: networking opportunities, incentives for good performance, emotional and academic support, as well as the chance to undertake vacation work (from your 2nd year of study).
Once students have graduated, they will also receive the following opportunities: solo mentoring by a qualified and experienced actuary, guaranteed employment, in-house rotation programme allowing you access to professional development in various areas and working alongside industry experts in various fields.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student (African/ Coloured/ Chinese/ Indian)
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town, University of Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria or Stellenbosch University
- Achieved A-plus result for Matric Mathematics
- Achieved A and B symbols for your other Matric subjects
Students must also possess the following personal attributes:
- Always up for a challenge
- Strong mathematical skills
- Dedicated and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.oldmutual.co.za/careers-centre/learners-and-school-leavers/actuarial-bursaries
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate/ final results, if completed Matric or currently at University
14 June 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER