Liberty Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LIBERTY
Liberty Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 | Liberty Holdings Limited was founded by Sir Donald Gordon as “Liberty Life Association of Africa Ltd” in 1957. The South African company, headquartered in Johannesburg, is a financial services and property holding company.
The company, now present in 18 countries across Africa, provides asset management; health products and investment services for over 3 million individuals, families and businesses throughout Africa.
The company’s logo which reflects the Statue of Liberty is a symbol of freedom and opportunity – Liberty believes that everyone should be able to grow their wealth and leave a legacy behind.
ABOUT THE LIBERTY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Liberty is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards an undergraduate Actuarial Science qualification.
MORE ABOUT THE LIBERTY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | OTHER BENEFITS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, meals and a travel allowance (if applicable). Students will also receive support and networking opportunities during the course of their studies, as well as the chance to partake in vacation work.
After graduation, students will be guaranteed employment at Liberty.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Liberty Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth or descent)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an Actuarial Science degree
- You must be entering your 2nd or higher year of study in 2022
- You must study at a recognised and accredited University in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained high academic results for the first year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% for Actuarial and Mathematical modules
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have strong leadership skills
- You must partake in extracurricular activities (sports/ olympiads/ chess club/ debate teams etc) (this will give students a competitive advantage)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Liberty Bursary Application 2022
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of any extracurricular activities (where applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Liberty directly:
Tel: 0860 456 789 / 011 408 4871
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round