Liberty Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LIBERTY
Liberty Holdings Limited was founded by Sir Donald Gordon as “Liberty Life Association of Africa Ltd” in 1957. The South African company, headquartered in Johannesburg, is a financial services and property holding company.
The company, now present in 18 countries across Africa, provides asset management; health products and investment services for over 3 million individuals, families and businesses throughout Africa.
The companies logo which reflects the Statue of Liberty is a symbol of freedom and opportunity – Liberty believes that everyone should be able to grow their wealth and leave a legacy behind.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Liberty is awarding bursaries to students pursuing their studies towards an Actuarial Sciencequalification (from the 2nd year of study onward).
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: tuition fees, accommodation, meals, a general allowance, a book allowance and a travel allowance if applicable. Students will also receive support and networking opportunities
On completion of their studies, students are required to undertake a period of employment with Liberty, for an equal period of time as the bursary award. Students will also be requested to complete vacation work at the Liberty Life’s Head Office in Johannesburg, from the second year of study onwards.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (by birth or descent)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards an Actuarial Science degree
- You must be in your 2nd or later year of study
- You must studying at an ASSA (Actuarial Society of South Africa) accredited University in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained high academic results for the first year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65% for Actuarial and Mathematical modules
- You must have strong leadership skills and partake in extra curricular activities (sports/ olympiads/ chess club/ debate teams etc) (this will give students a competitive advantage)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Liberty Actuarial Science Bursary Application 2022
Students will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of university enrollment or acceptance (on university letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record or transcript (on university letterhead)
- Proof of any extra curricular activities (where applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LIBERTY BURSARY
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Liberty directly:
Tel: 0860 456 789 / 011 408 4871
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round