Financial Services Board (FSB) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The Financial Services Board (FSB) is responsible for overseeing the Non-Banking Financial Services Industry in South Africa for the interest of the public.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The FSB bursary is for students who are studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification at the University of Pretoria or the University of Witwatersrand – first year students and matriculants should apply.
The bursary is aimed at previously disadvantaged students who would otherwise not be able to study, due to lack of funding.
The FSB bursary will cover the following study expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, study materials, stationery, meals, accommodation, internet usage, laptop and monthly living expenses.
Students will also receive experiential learning training for a minimum of 4 weeks per annum, to take place during university holidays.
Recipients are guaranteed employment once they complete their qualification. Students must also enter into a contract and work back the funding receive from FSB.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Good academic record
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
Current Matric students:
- Achieved a minimum A symbol for Mathematics
- Applied to study in the Actuarial study programme at the University of Pretoria or the University of Witwatersrand
Current University students:
- Completed the first year of study towards an Actuarial Science qualification
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 66%
- Studying at the University of Pretoria or the University of Witwatersrand
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet all the entry requirements and would like to apply for the bursary, apply by submitting the following documentation:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Application letter (explaining and motivating why you should receive a bursary)
- Curriculum Vitae (brief version)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric mid-year results (if currently in Matric)
- Latest tertiary academic results (if at University)
Applications must be submitted to Mr Lordwin Shai via one of the following methods:
1) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 35855
31 August 2020
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Financial Services Board (FSB)
Mr Lordwin Shai
Tel: 012 428 8149
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round