Santam Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANTAM
Santam Bursary South Africa | Santam is a South African financial services group and leading general insurer in South Africa. The company provide a diverse range of general insurance products and services in southern Africa and internationally, serving over 1 million policyholders (which include individuals, commercial, specialist business owners and institutions).
Santam has 5 business units, namely:
Santam Personal, provides personal insurance options, including; vehicle insurance, contents insurance, building insurance, SOS insurance, watercraft insurance and more.
Santam Commercial provides business insurance for small to large businesses in various sectors.
Santam Specialist, which provides insurance for complex and niche market risks, including aviation insurance, cell captive insurance, corporate property insurance, court bonds, crop insurance, engineering insurance, heavy haulage insurance, hospitality and leisure insurance, liability insurance, marine insurance and more.
MiWay provides customers with a range of non-life insurance products including motor, household, homeowners, business insurance and liability cover.
Santam RE is a wholesale reinsurance service provider for Santam / Sanlam group general insurance businesses and independent general insurers.
ABOUT THE SANTAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Santam is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies within these fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Geomatics Engineering
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
The Santam Bursary Programme was established as part of its Skills Development Academy, with the aim of building a stream of talented young individuals that are needed to grow the South African economy. Santam aims to produce a steady stream of skilled, capable and high calibre graduates with core technical skills, and behavioural and leadership competencies.
Santam Agriculture aims to provide funding to agricultural students, in order to help farmers create a sustainable future. Santam also aims to close the scarce skills gap in Agriculture Crop insurance by allowing talented students to grow organically through vacation work and practical exposure in underwriting, sales and relationship management.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Santam Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SANTAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | OTHER BENEFITS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses (up to a capped amount): tuition fees, books, accommodation, an allowance and a laptop (if required).
Agriculture students will receive the following benefits:
- an allocated mentor
- opportunity to participate in vacation work
- opportunity to automatically participate in the graduate programme
- invitations to relevant business engagements and conferences, as required
- opportunity for graduates to be permanently retained as trainee area managers
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANTAM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor’s degree, or Honours degree in one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 2nd, 3rd or final year of undergraduate studies or Honours studies, in 2022
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% in your undergraduate studies and in your most recent examinations
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the short-term insurance industry
Agriculture students must meet the following requirements:
- You must be pursuing a 2 or 3-year Agricultural qualification that focuses on crop production
- You must be pursuing an Agricultural degree or diploma with plant production and/or soil science as preferred subjects
- You must have Microsoft Excel skills
- You must be assertive
- You must have good communication skills (verbal and written)
- You must have good negotiation skills
- You must have good interpersonal skills
- You must be flexible, a team worker and collaborative
- You must be a self-starter that drives results
- You must be customer-focused
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANTAM BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Santam Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians sworn statement, if separated (certified copy)
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Proof of address (certified copy)
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relate to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANTAM BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.