South African Actuaries Development Programme Bursary 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAADP
The South African Actuaries Development Programme (SAADP), established in 2003, was founded when it was identified that the South African economy lacked black actuarial skills. Previously chaired by Cyril Ramaphosa, the SAADP has since produced more than 200 Actuarial Science graduates.
The programme is funded by various donors, including: First Rand Foundation; Deloitte; Discovery; Insight; Sasria SOC Limited; Bankseta and INSETA. The companies core values include: Proudly South African; Excellence; Integrity; Professionalism; Transparency; Gender-agnostic; Supportive and nurturing.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The SAADP bursary is aimed at students with strong academic records who are studying or intend on studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification. Bursaries are renewable dependent on academic performance.
The bursary will cover the following expenses – tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence, meals and a living allowance.
Over and above the monetary coverage, students will also receive mentorship; additional tutorials; academic and social support from full time programme Managers located at the partner universities.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview, however SAADP will provide acknowledgement of receipt of all applications submitted.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
Matric/ Grade 12 students:
- Currently in Matric
- Have a strong academic record
- Achieving a minimum of 80%/ level 7 for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieving a minimum of 80%/ level 7 for Physical Science
- Achieving a minimum of 80%/ level 7 for English
- Interested in studying Actuarial Science
- Currently studying towards an Actuarial Science qualification
- Achieved good academic results for your first/ second/ third year of studies
- Studying at one of the following institutes: University of Cape Town (UCT)/ University of Pretoria (UP)/ University of the Witwatersrand (WITS)
- If not studying at one of the above institutes, must have applied and been accepted to study Actuarial Science at one of the above universities
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the SAADP Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
Matric/ Grade 12 students:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photo (passport sized)
- Grade 11 end of year results (certified copy of)
- Grade 12 mid-year results (certified copy of)
- National Benchmark Tests results (to be submitted by 31 August at the latest, via the fax number below)
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Latest academic record
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SAADP Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
31 August 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SAADP directly:
Tel: 011 642 2202
Fax: 011 486 1859 / 086 635 2372