KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – KNOWBE4
KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship South Africa | KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, in the world. KnowBe4 provides employee training, to enable organizations to manage the problem of social engineering and help employees to make smarter security decisions, by recognising red flags to not fall victim to cybercrime.
KnowBe4 currently has offices in 10 countries around the world, including; South Africa, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. It is currently used by over 35,000 organizations across the globe.
ABOUT THE KNOWBE4 WOMEN OF COLOUR IN CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
KnowBe4, Inc. is inviting students to apply for the Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship, for the 2024 academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded to female students of colour, for degree studies that focus on Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, or a similar field.
The scholarship is administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education and candidates will be assessed based on these 3 main criteria: Passion, Merit and Financial Need.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship.
MORE ABOUT THE KNOWBE4 SCHOLARSHIP – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWAL & SELECTION
The scholarship will be awarded to 1 student, to the value of R110 000, to help cover the following expenses: tuition fees, books, required electronics and accommodation in residence. The award will be paid directly to the scholars institution.
The scholarship is a once-off award and students must reapply for funding each year/ semester.
Applicants will be notified on the outcome of their application by no later than 30 November 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to partake in a short video interview with KnowBe4 – candidates must have access to a camera for this meeting (via computer, tablet or phone camera).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KNOWBE4 SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside in South Africa
- You must be a female of colour
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree qualification, that focuses on cybersecurity, information assurance or a similar field (PhD students will NOT be funded)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited university or college in South Africa (full time or part time, on-campus or online)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WOMEN OF COLOUR IN CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at: KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the KnowBe4 Women of Colour in Cybersecurity Scholarship.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Current or most recent unofficial transcripts from your institution (on institutions letterhead)
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (must include the following details: how long the referee has known the applicant and in what capacity, skills or abilities the applicant has that will assist them in completing a degree, any other information about the applicant that should be considered) (academic references are preferable, but a professional letter of reference will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages – no links to publications to be include)
- Essay questions, on the following topics (maximum 250 words per question – to be completed in the application):
- Your personal and educational background and accomplishments
- How the scholarship will impact your cybersecurity career path and what receiving the scholarship will mean to you
- Your inspiration to pursue a career in cybersecurity, why you are a candidate for success in information security, and your goals for your professional career
- Steps you will take to “pay it forward” after graduation, by supporting other women (currently in school, recent graduates, mid-career transition) new to the field
- Details of any contributions you made to the cybersecurity field – volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
CLOSING DATE FOR THE WOMEN OF COLOUR IN CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP
18 September 2023 (at 23:59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Center for Cyber Safety and Education (administrators for this award) directly:
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.