Standard Bank Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – STANDARD BANK
Standard Bank Bursary South Africa | The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, founded in 1862, is one of the biggest financial services groups in the country. However, Standard Bank as they are known today was only formed in the year 1962, under the name The Standard Bank of South Africa, as a subsidiary of the British overseas bank Standard Bank.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, Standard Bank not only operate in South Africa, they also have operations in 20 other African countries. The company is the biggest lender in Africa by assets.
The bank is a leader in business and commercial banking within South Africa, with a wide range of financial solutions including Borrowing; Saving and Investing; Current Accounts; Electronic Banking; Cash and Liquidity Management; Fleet Management; Vehicle and Asset Finance.
ABOUT THE STANDARD BANK BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Standard Bank is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer and Data Science
- Information Technology
ABOUT THE STANDARD BANK BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, textbooks, laptop, accommodation, medical aid and a living allowance, as well as mentoring and psychological support.
Candidates who pass the first stage of the application process will be invited to partake in a formal assessment process, which includes, but is not limited to: psychometric evaluation and an interview.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Standard Bank Group Bursary Fund.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STANDARD BANK BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa
- You must be entering your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or final year of undergraduate studies OR entering your postgraduate studies up to Master’s level
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in the most recent exams (June exams)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must meet the admission requirements of your university (if applying for postgraduate funding)
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STANDARD BANK BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Standard Bank Bursary Application 2022
Applicants are required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
If you are having trouble applying, please visit the Help Center or Standard Bank Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of parents or guardians’ household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE STANDARD BANK BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to these bursary programmes, please contact Standard Bank directly:
Contact person: Susan Dube
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered