ExpressVPN Scholarship Competition South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – expressvpn
ExpressVPN Scholarship Competition South Africa | ExpressVPN is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service marketed as a privacy and security tool that encrypts users’ web traffic and masks their IP addresses.
The company was founded in 2009 and today, enables millions of people in more than 180 countries to access the free and open internet, privately and securely.
ABOUT THE EXPRESSVPN SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
ExpressVPN is inviting candidates to apply for the ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship award. The annual essay competition is hosted by VPN provider ExpressVPN and is open to applicants of any age and citizenship.
The essay competition requires applicants to think about the metaverse and delve into urgent issues of the digital age.
The scholarship winner will receive a cash prize of 5,000 USD, as well as a 1-year ExpressVPN subscription. 5 runners-up will also be selected to receive a 1-year ExpressVPN subscription each.
The competition is also an opportunity to become a leading voice in the growing debate over encryption, digital rights, internet privacy, and the fight against censorship.
ABOUT THE EXPRESSVPN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – SELECTION
- Essays will be assessed based on the completeness and clarity of their theses and arguments.
- The winner will be announced no later than 31 October 2022.
- The prize money will be awarded by international wire transfer, in USD currency (the winner must provide their bank information in order to make the bank transfer).
- The winner will be featured on various communications platforms (see this as an opportunity to get your name out there).
- The winner will be required to submit a copy of their Identity Document and proof of enrollment at a high school or tertiary institution.
- Essay entries will become the property of ExpressVPN. The winner must allow ExpressVPN to publish or print their name and essay.
- Winners will be responsible for any taxes that should be paid on the prize money.
- The decision by ExpressVPN is final and no disputes will be entered into.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXPRESSVPN SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You may be from ANY country
- You may be of ANY age
- You must be currently in high school or study at the tertiary level (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must NOT be an employee of ExpressVPN or an immediate family member of an employee of ExpressVPN
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EXPRESSVPN SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “ExpressVPN Scholarship Application 2022” in the email subject line).
The application must include an essay that answers the following question: If you were writing the rules for the metaverse, how would you ensure it were free, open, and safe?
Essays must follow these rules:
- Must be written in English
- Must be between 600 and 800 words in length
- Must include the applicant’s full name, applicant’s current grade or level of study, details of the applicant’s school or institution: name, address and contact information
- Must only submit 1 essay entry
- Essays should show a clear position on the prompt to be considered (it is not a creative writing exercise)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this scholarship application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE EXPRESSVPN SCHOLARSHIP
15 September 2022 (at 11:59 Pacific Time [U.S.]).
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ExpressVPN directly:
Contact page: https://www.expressvpn.com/ (select the “contact us” at the bottom of the page, that will bring up a live chat box).
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.