French Embassy Masters Scholarships South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Each year, the French Embassy award 20 Master scholarships for the duration of one French academic year. There are 2 types of scholarships to be awarded – M1 for students in their first year of their Masters degree and M2 for students in their final year of their Masters degree.
The scholarship programme forms part of the commitment between South Africa and France to implement mutually beneficial partnerships between their universities, all the while creating a large network of professional and academic contacts.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South Africa or Lesotho citizen (International students may also apply if they have obtained a degree from a South African university)
- Current Bachelors or Honours degree must be complete by the time the student would depart for France
- Applied to study at a minimum of 3 French institutions
- Be in possession of a valid passport or be able to obtain a valid passport in time
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the French Embassy Masters Scholarship Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- Passport or ID document if you do not have a passport yet (certified copy)
- Degree Certificates and Academic Transcripts (from incomplete & complete qualifications) (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter from a university in France OR proof of application to at least 2 universities in France
- Motivational letter (maximum of 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages)
- Link to your chosen course of study
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please ensure that all attachments are in PDF format only)
24 March annually (at 17:00).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
University cooperation officer
Tel: 012 425 1721
Please ensure that you download and read the French Embassy Masters Scholarship Info and T&C’s(pdf).