Tiso Foundation Archibald Mafeje PhD Scholarship South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
The Tiso Foundation was established in 2001 as a public benefit organization (PBO), with the aim of supporting youth development, education and leadership in South Africa.
To date, the Foundation has provided scholarship funding and invested in educational programs, to the value of over R100 million. They have changed the lives of more than 42 000 students.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Archibald Mafeje Scholarship was established in 2014, in honour of the late Professor Mafeje.
The Scholarship aims to facilitate black doctoral graduates with strong academic potential, to reach their dreams of postgraduate qualification.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- From a previously disadvantaged background (Black/ Indian/ Coloured)
- Completed a Master’s degree
- Registered to study full time towards a PhD (part-time students are not eligible to apply)
- Registered to study at an accredited and recognised University in South Africa
- Must have an allocated supervisor
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Archibald Mafeje Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages)
- Sworn affidavit to confirm unemployment
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts (for incomplete and complete qualifications) (certified copies)
- Research project outline (max 2 pages)
- Supporting letter from PhD supervisor
- Proof of PhD registration and faculty confirmation
- 3 x academic references
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 784 4111
Fax: 011 784 4110
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round