Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH 32
South32, founded in 2015, is a global mining and metals company who mine and produce materials such as silver; nickel; zinc; manganese; bauxite; aluminium; alumina; lead; metallurgical coal; thermal coal and coking coal. The company operates across South Africa, Mozambique, Australia and Colombia, and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
The commodities mined and produced by South32 are found in almost every aspect of our lives – from skyscrapers, roads, bridges and hospitals, to fueling our cars, packaging our foods and powering our homes.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary will be awarded to deserving students who reside within the King Cetshwayo District, for the following fields of study:
- Architecture, Built Environment and Engineering (ALL disciplines)
- Commerce, Law and Management (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Science, Law)
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Health Science (Medicine, Nursing, etc)
- Humanities (Arts, Social Science, Education, etc)
- Science (Mathematical Science, Physical Science, Earth Science, Actuarial Science and Biological Science)
- *Other disciplines may also be considered
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and assessment. If you do not receive any feedback by 30 December 2020 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursaries are renewable each year based on academic performance and conduct.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the King Cetshwayo District, KwaZulu-Natal province
- Under 21 years old
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate degree or diploma)
- Studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Preference will be given to learners from designated groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Apply online at https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/
You will need to Register an account here: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/applicant-registration/ before you can log in and apply here: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/applicant-login/
(The promo code to be used is: Hillside21)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance into a tertiary institution
- Proof of residence
27 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CareerWise directly:
Contact person: Mr Liyanda Mkhabo
Tel: 086 100 7787