Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH 32
Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary South Africa; South32, founded in 2015, is a global mining and metals company that mines and produces materials such as silver; nickel; zinc; manganese; bauxite; aluminium; alumina; lead; metallurgical coal; thermal coal and coking coal. The company operates across South Africa, Mozambique, Australia and Colombia, and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
The commodities mined and produced by South32 are found in almost every aspect of our lives – from skyscrapers, roads, bridges and hospitals, to fueling our cars, packaging our foods and powering our homes.
The late Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi was the company’s Non-executive Director before his death in January 2020 – the South32 bursary has been renamed in honour of him.
ABOUT THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
South32 is inviting students to apply for the Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi Bursary Scheme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the King Cetshwayo District area, for undergraduate studies in the following fields:
- Engineering, Built Environment and Architecture (ALL disciplines)
- Commerce, Law and Management (including Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Science, and Law)
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Health Science (including Medicine, Nursing, etc)
- Humanities (including Arts, Social Science, Education, etc)
- Science (including Mathematical Science, Physical Science, Earth Science, Actuarial Science and Biological Science)
- *other disciplines may also be considered
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary.
ABOUT THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION | RENEWAL
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and assessment. If you do not receive any feedback by 30 November 2022 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable based on academic performance and conduct.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the King Cetshwayo District, in KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must be under 21 years old
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate degree or diploma, within one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DR XOLANI MKHWANAZI SOUTH32 BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary Application 2022
Applicants must use the following promotional code: Hillside23
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Dr Xolani Mkhwanazi South32 Bursary.
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance into a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence within the King Cetshwayo District
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOUTH32 BURSARY
31 October 2022 (at 23h59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Contact person: Liyanda Mkhabo
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.