DJ Fresh Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DJ FRESH
DJ Fresh (real name Thato Sikwane) is well known for his career as a radio presenter on 5FM and Metro FM. He previously worked for YFM in Johannesburg and is currently a presenter on 947. The DJ, producer and entrepreneur has also released a series of South African house music records, mostly name Fresh House Flava.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
DJ Fresh will be awarding bursaries to students completing their Matric year in 2020 and intending on studying at the University of Johannesburg in 2021. The bursary will provide funding for 3 years (2021 to 2023) if students pass all their subjects.
The bursary will cover tuition fees only, to the value of R85 000 per year. The bursary will NOT provide cover for these expenses: books, accommodation, transport and stipend – students are required to fund any outstanding fees either through another bursary, personal loan or other means.
Successful candidates will be announced within 2 weeks after the Matric 2020 results are released and before UJ official registration for first-year begins.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Currently in Matric
- Intend on starting your first year of study in 2021
- Applied to study at the University of Johannesburg, starting in 2021
- NOT in possession another bursary or funding for tuition fees
- Met the UJ application deadline
- Met the UJ course requirements
- Provisionally accepted to UJ depending on Matric results
- Received a temporary student number
- Must pass all subjects to keep the bursary
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://universityofjohannesburg.us/4ir/dj-fresh-bursary/
You will be required to enter your temporary student number (this will become your application reference number) and answer the question: “What does 4IR stand for?”
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at the University of Johannesburg (to be submitted once awarded the bursary)
27 November 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of Johannesburg directly:
Student Finance department
Tel: 011 559 3411 / 011 559 4741