Gold One Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GOLD ONE
Gold One Bursary South Africa | Gold One Group Limited is a mining group with gold operations and gold prospects throughout Southern Africa.
Gold One Modder East Operation is the company’s flagship gold mine located in Springs, within the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality and approximately 30 km from Johannesburg. The Modder East gold mine was commissioned in 2009 and is unlike any other gold mine in South Africa due to its shallow nature (between 300 to 500 metres below the surface).
ABOUT THE GOLD ONE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Gold One Modder East Operations is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students from the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, for studies within the following fields:
- Geological and Earth Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Science
- Mining Engineering
- Social Science
MORE ABOUT THE GOLD ONE BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, examination fees, prescribed books, as well as university-administered accommodation for full-time students.
The bursary will NOT provide cover for the following expenses (these will be for the student’s own account): private accommodation, laptops, data, short courses, meals, transport and monthly stipends/ living expenses.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gold One Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GOLD ONE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality’s designated municipal wards
- You must be studying or registered to study towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a clear criminal record
- Preference will be given to students residing within mine hosting communities (Springs, Benoni, Brakpan and Nigel, as well as townships of these towns)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GOLD ONE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Gold One Bursary Application 2023
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Gold One bursary.
Note: if you are an internal applicant (an employee of Gold One or their direct dependants), you must obtain an application form from T | A.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy)
- Formal quotations for all study-related expenses (certified copy)
- Proof of parents’ or guardians’ household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GOLD ONE BURSARY
3 December 2023 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Gold One directly:
Tel: 011 730 7600 / 087 255 6900
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.