Knysna Municipality Mayoral Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KNYSNA MUNICIPALITY
The Knysna Local Municipality is situated in the middle of the Garden Route, known to locals as the gem of the Garden Route. Knysna is located within the southern region of the Western Cape province, between the Outeniqua Mountains and the Indian Ocean. The Municipality includes the areas of Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal and Sedgefield.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Mayoral Social Relief & Bursary Fund aims to provide financial support to students pursuing their studies within scarce skills sectors, including Engineering and Science. Students must be residing within the Greater Knysna Municipal Area.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees (up to a certain amount: not full tuition fees), book allowance (up to a certain amount), examination fee, accommodation (if students can prove they need it).
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any correspondence within 2 months of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizens
- Reside within the Knysna Municipal District (Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Karatara, Noetzie, Rheenendal and Sedgefield)
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time towards a qualification within a scarce skills sector
- Studying or intend on studying at a SAQA accredited tertiary or TVET institution in South Africa
- Good academic merit
- Proven financial need
- Preference will be given to students in financial need and those from historically disadvantaged communities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Knysna Municipality Mayoral Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ pension advice if on pension/ affidavit if unemployed) (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance at the institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Institutions banking details (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter supporting your application
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
P.O. Box 21
2) Hand delivery:
*Please note: ONLY hard-copy applications will be accepted – do NOT email or fax your application as it will be disqualified.
4 December 2020 (at 12:00)
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Knysna Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Ms Kirsty Hofhuis
Tel: 044 302 6355