AMSOL Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AMSOL
African Marine Solutions (AMSOL), a market leader, is a specialist solutions provider and partner to clients operating within marine environments. The company launched in 2016 after the acquisition of the business of SMIT Amandla Marine, who was the market leader in specialist marine solutions provision within Southern Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
AMSOL will be awarding bursaries for studies within the following fields:
- Marine Engineering
- Maritime Studies
- Oceanography (2021 postgraduate studies)
- Climatology (2021 postgraduate studies)
The basic bursary will provide cover for tuition fees as a minimum – students may also receive cover for prescribed textbooks and accommodation, based on the financial and personal circumstances and at the discretion of AMSOL.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION & SERVICE CONTRACT
Final selection will be made according to AMSOL’s Employment Equity Plan. Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 months of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Once a student has graduated, they may be required to take up contractual employment with AMSOL, depending on the company operational requirements and discretion.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of Level 5 or 60% for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of Level 5 or 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of Level 5 or 60% for Science (Physics) in Matric
- Intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Intend on studying at a university in South Africa in 2021
- Oceanography and Climatology students: must be enrolled and studying at tertiary level
- NOT receiving funding or bursaries from any other party for 2021
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or Grade 11 final report (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of contactable references
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Oceanography and Climatology students: proof of tertiary registration
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please insert the following words in the email subject line to ensure your application is well-received: “2021 Bursary Committee”).
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact AMSOL directly:
Tel: 021 507 5777 (Cape Town), 031 274 1100 (Durban), 044 695 0390 (Mossel Bay)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org