Toyota Tsusho Africa Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
Toyota Tsusho Africa Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TOYOTA TSUSHO AFRICA
Toyota Tsusho Africa (Pty) Ltd (TTAF) was established in 1999, however, the companies history dates back to 1964 when a representative office was established in Johannesburg to support TTC’s Toyota forklift, machinery, equipment and generators export business to South Africa.
TTAF is a multi-business enterprise, whose business service offerings include: engineering and machinery installations, wheel & tyre assembly for Toyota South Africa Manufacturing, warehousing and storage facilities, clearing and forwarding services, scrap metal recycling and international sourcing of materials (including a range of steel, machinery and spare parts).
ABOUT THE TOYOTA TSUSHO AFRICA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Toyota Tsusho Africa is inviting Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Accounting (Undergraduate BCom/ Honours/ Masters)
- Business Science (Undergraduate BCom/ Honours/ Masters)
- Computer Science (Undergraduate BSc/ Honours/ Masters)
- Digital Business (Undergraduate/ Honours/ Masters)
- Entrepreneurship (Undergraduate BCom/ Honours/ Masters)
- Environmental Science (Undergraduate/ Honours/ Masters)
- Human Resource Management (Undergraduate/ Honours/ Masters)
- Information Technology (Undergraduate BSc/ Honours/ Masters)
- Legal and Risk Management (Undergraduate/ Honours/ Masters)
- Mechanical Engineering (Undergraduate BEng/ Honours/ Masters)
- Sales and Marketing (Undergraduate BCom/ Honours/ Masters)
- Supply Chain Management (Undergraduate BCom/ Honours/ Masters)
MORE ABOUT THE TOYOTA TSUSHO AFRICA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The value of the bursary will be determined by Toyota Tsusho Africa, on an individual case basis.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and students are required to reapply for funding each year. Bursary recipients are not guaranteed to receive funding for more than 1 year.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to gain working experience by undertaking vacation work in holiday periods.
Successful applicants will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 14 January 2022 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TOYOTA TSUSHO AFRICA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- You must have completed Matric OR be currently in Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric
- You must maintain an excellent tertiary record throughout your studies
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TOYOTA TSUSHO AFRICA BURSARY
Download and complete the: Toyota Tsusho Africa Bursary Application Form 2022(.docx)
Note: the application form is an editable word document – students should complete the application form by typing their answers on a laptop/ computer and save their information on the same document.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ academic transcripts, if at university (certified copy)
- Proof of university acceptance, if a 1st-year student (on tertiary letterhead)
- Fee quotation/ invoice from university (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ Guardians/ Spouse ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ Guardians/ Spouse proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant or pension if applicable, death certificates if applicable)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Toyota Tsusho Africa Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TOYOTA TSUSHO AFRICA BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Toyota Tsusho Africa directly:
Contact Person: Pamela Govender