Ninety-One Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NINETY ONE SA (PTY) LTD
Ninety-One SA (Pty) Ltd, previously known as Investec Asset Management, is an authorised financial services provider. Investec Asset Management was formed in 1991, with the name change taking place in 2020. The asset management business has offices in Cape Town, South Africa (where it is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)) and in London, United Kingdom (where it is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE)).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Ninety One Bursary will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Financial services
- Healthcare (excluding: Dentistry, Medicine and Veterinary Science)
- Information Technology
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, study materials, accommodation and meals.
The bursary programme is administered by CareerWise, who is responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates. Shortlisted students must attend a panel interview assessment, and final selection will be made by Astron Energy.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 21 years old in 2021
- Currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of Level 5 (60%) in Grade 11
- Achieved a minimum of Level 6 (70%) for Mathematics or Sciences in Grade 11
- Intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Intend on studying at a university in South Africa
- Starting your first year at university in 2021
- Satisfy the minimum university entrance criteria for your chosen field of study
- Proven financial need (family income of less than R600 000 per year)
- Leadership qualities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://careerwise.co.za/application/registrations/
(Use the code “NINETY-ONE” in the promotion code field).
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ registration at university for 2021
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CareerWise directly:
Tel: 086 100 7787
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com