Western Cape Dept of Agriculture – Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
Western Cape Dept of Agriculture – Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024; Western Cape Dept of Agriculture – Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI) Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EATI
The Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI), founded in 1898, was the first agricultural college within South Africa. The EATI provides bachelor degree studies within the Agriculture field, in association with the University of Stellenbosch’s Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences.
The EATI provides training, education and skills to learners who intend on specialising in agricultural production training. The institute is a Chief Directorate of the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE / EATI BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, at the Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI), for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards the following qualifications:
- Agric Agronomy (BSc)
- Agric Pasture Science (BSc)
- Agric Soil and Water Science (BSc)
- Agricultural Economics (BSc)
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture (National Diploma)
- Animal Science (BSc)
- Computer Science (BComp Sc)
- Entomology (BSc)
- Farming Management (National Diploma)
- Food Science (BSc)
- Food Technology (National Diploma)
- Geo-Informatics/ Geographic (BSc / BA)
- Horticulture (National Diploma)
- Information Science
- Mariculture (BSc)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BSc)
- Plant Pathology (BSc)
- Production Economics
- Resource Economics
- Veterinary Science (BVSc)
- Viticulture and Oenology (BSc)
- Postgraduate studies in Agricultural fields of priority research projects (Advanced Diploma / Postgraduate Diploma / BSc Hons / MSc / PhD)
MORE ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE / EATI BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books and hostel fees and meals (where required).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to undergo a personal suitability check. If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Successful candidates will then be required to enter into a contractual agreement with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
Students can find the relevant Prospectus and Brochures on the Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute website.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EATI BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Preference will be to students from historically disadvantaged groups, who are residing in the Western Cape
- Female students and students living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EATI BURSARY
Download and complete the Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary Application Form (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Driver’s licence, if applicable (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Previous years academic records or school reports (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for the 2023 academic year. (certified copy)
- Higher education qualifications (certified copy)
- Proof of the expenses for the remaining period of the qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (3 months recent payslips if employed, statement if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant income if applicable, death certificates if deceased)
Note: candidates who have not yet received their university acceptance letter or final results may apply without these documents – however, these outstanding documents must be submitted as soon as received.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: EDI@elsenburg.com
The Chief Director: Operational Support Services
Western Cape Department of Agriculture
Private Bag X1
– Hand delivery:
Western Cape Department of Agriculture
CLOSING DATE FOR THE EATI BURSARY
4 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the EATI directly:
Contact person: Mr JK Constable
Tel: 021 808 5044
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December