Canon Collins Trust Leigh Day Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
Canon Collins Trust Leigh Day Scholarship South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – LEIGH DAY
Leigh Day & Co, established in 1987, is a London-based law firm which specialises in personal injury and human rights law. The firm aims to maintain their reputation as niche lawyers who deal with complex issues and are not afraid to take on challenges which may daunt other law firms.
ABOUT THE CANON COLLINS LEIGH DAY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Canon Collins Trust is inviting students to apply for the Leigh Day Scholarship, for the 2022 academic year. The scholarship covers studies towards an LLB qualification, at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape – students must be in their 2nd or 3rd year of study, and entering their 3rd or 4th year of study in 2022 to apply.
The Trust will select 4 to 5 students to receive the scholarship, to the value of R40 000 each, for a maximum of 2 years.
Scholarship recipients will be required to attend an annual conference and various smaller events throughout the year, as well as to contribute to the Trusts network.
MORE ABOUT THE CANON COLLINS LEIGH DAY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Scholars will be selected based on 5 main criteria:
1) Academic record – candidates must have a strong academic record for their years of study completed.
2) References – candidates must provide references who can attest to their studies.
3) Working experience – candidates with paid or voluntary work experience in the field of study will receive preference.
4) Leadership qualities – candidates will be required to prove how their leadership skills have developed in the workplace, in their studies or personal life.
5) Commitment to your community and country – candidates who show a strong interest in positively contributing to the prosperity of their community or to South Africa, will receive preference.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview in November 2021, and thereafter all applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANON COLLINS LEIGH DAY SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a national of, or have refugee status in any of these countries: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Angola, Lesotho or Swaziland
- You must be a studying towards an LLB qualification at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape
- You must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of full-time or part-time study study (distance learning will also be considered)
- You must be entering your 3rd or 4th year of study in 2022
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be involved in extra-curricular activities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CANON COLLINS LEIGH DAY SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at: Canon Collins Trust Leigh Day Scholarship Application
Students must download and read the Canon Collins Trust Leigh Day Scholarship Guidelines (.pdf) before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document, Birth Certificate, Passport or Driver’s License (certified copy)
- Degree certificates, if available (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (certified copy)
- Letter of reference (the letter should relate to your application for this scholarship, and should outline your strengths, your capacity to study at the level required, and your potential future impact)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CANON COLLINS LEIGH DAY SCHOLARSHIP
4 October 2021 (at 17:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Canon Collins directly:
Contact people & Tel: Eva (+44 7748 722 482) / Nia (+44 7407 412 541)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com