Canon Collins Trust Leigh Day Scholarship South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LEIGH DAY
Leigh Day & Co, established in 1987, is a London-based law firm which specialises in personal injury and human rights law. The firm aims to maintain their reputation as niche lawyers who deal with complex issues and are not afraid to take on challenges which may daunt other law firms.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Leigh Day Scholarship is applicable to 2nd and 3rd year LLB undergraduate students, pursuing their studies at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview (from 28 October at the University of Fort Hare and from 4 November at the University of the Western Cape). The final outcome will be announced in November 2019.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Citizen and national of one of these countries: South Africa/ Botswana/ Namibia/ Zimbabwe/ Zambia/ Swaziland/ Mozambique/ Malawi/ Angola/ Lesotho
- Reside within South Africa
- Studying towards an undergraduate Law qualification
- Currently in your 2nd or 3rd year of study (entering the 3rd or 4th year of study in 2020)
- Studying at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare
- Strong academic record
- Involved in extra-curricular activities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the relevant application form:
Canon Collins Scholarship Application Form – University of Fort Hare (.pdf)
Canon Collins Scholarship Application Form – University of the Western Cape (.pdf)
Applicants should also download and read the
Canon Collins Leigh Day Scholarship Guidelines – University of Fort Hare (.pdf)
Canon Collins Leigh Day Scholarship Guidelines – University of the Western Cape (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document/ birth certificate/ drivers license (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcripts (certified copy)
- Degree certificates, if available (certified copy)
- 2 x reference letters relating to your scholarship application (academic or professional, it must outline your strengths, your ability to study towards the above qualification, and your future potential impact)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Application Leigh Day scholarship: Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Canon Collins directly:
Tel: +44 020 3770 0395
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com