Western Cape Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2024
Western Cape Department of Health Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Western Cape Department of Health Bursary South Africa | The Western Cape Department of Health, formed in 1994, is responsible for delivering public healthcare and health services to people who reside within the province. They are also in charge of various specialised facilities, which include rehabilitation centres; psychiatric hospitals and tuberculosis hospitals.
The Western Cape currently has 428 public primary care facilities, of which some are operated by the Department of Health and others by the City of Cape Town – these include community health centres and clinics.
ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Western Cape Department of Health and Wellness is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards the following Health Science qualifications, at selected institutions:
- B Nursing (at University of Western Cape / Cape Peninsula University of Technology)
- B Tech Nursing R 174 / Diploma in Nursing R 171 / Higher Certificate R 169 (at Western Cape College of Nursing – Athlone, George or Worcester campus)
- Degree Medicine (at University of Stellenbosch / University of Cape Town / University of Free State / University of Pretoria / University of the Witwatersrand)
- Degree Pharmacy (at North West University – Potchefstroom campus / University of Western Cape)
- BSc Radiography in Therapy, BSc Radiography in Diagnostic or BSc Radiography in Ultrasound (at Cape Peninsula University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Emergency Medical Care (at Cape Peninsula University of Technology)
(Note: the Western Cape Department of Health and Wellness may add or remove health science qualifications covered by the bursary each year, depending on the Departmental service delivery needs).
MORE ABOUT THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide financial assistance towards the qualification (the exact expenses covered will be discussed with shortlisted or successful candidates).
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Western Cape Department of Health and Wellness Bursary.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work for the government – the employment duration is one year of work for each year of funding received. Community Service Year will count towards the first year of bursary obligation, while internship years will not.
Students will be required to submit proof of registration at one of the approved institutions at the start of the 2024 academic year. Students must also submit all annual or supplementary exam results, within 30 days after receiving them.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or accepted to study full time towards studies in one of the Health Science fields listed above
- You must be studying or accepted to study at one of the approved tertiary institutions listed above
- You must be enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to your studies
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BURSARY
Candidates who meet all of the above criteria, may follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: Register an account on the Western Cape Department of Health and Wellness Bursary Platform
Step 2: Login to the Western Cape Department of Health and Wellness Bursary Platform
Step 3: Complete the online application form
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Western Cape Department of Health and Wellness Bursary.
Step 4: Upload clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent qualification/ academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (certified copy)
- Proof of disability, if applicable (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application ((read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH BURSARY
29 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Western Cape Government directly:
Department of Health and Wellness
Contact person 1: Monray Strydom (Tel: 021 483 6610 / Email: Monray.Strydom@westerncape.gov.za)
Contact person 2: Sisipho Folose (Tel: 021 483 6597 / Email: Sisipho.Folose@westerncape.gov.za)
Contact person 3: Nathan Kantwe (Tel: 021 483 7038 / Email: Nathan.Kantwe@westerncape.gov.za)
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.