National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE
The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) are responsible for promoting a system of Disaster Management, especially focused on prevention and mitigation by Municipal, Provincial and National organs of state and other role players and communities. The NDMC is part of the Department of Provincial and Local Government.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The NDMC Bursary is intended for those who wish to obtain a qualification in Disaster Risk Science or Disaster Management fields of study.
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, an allowance for books and a research allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum pass mark of 50% for all subjects in Matric (if you are already studying at tertiary level, you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 50% for all major subjects)
- Studying or accepted to study towards a Disaster Risk Science or Disaster Management qualification (preferably undergraduate studies)
- Studying at a recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the NDMC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Current tertiary students: 2018 academic results (on tertiary letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of admission or acceptance into a public tertiary institution
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary and your future career ambitions
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ affidavit if students does not have one or both parents)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of any other financial support
- Proof of payment for registration/ admission
Applications must be posted to:
The Director: Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research
Private Bag X804
31 January 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)