National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE
National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa | The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) are responsible for promoting a system of Disaster Management, especially focused on prevention and mitigation by Municipal, Provincial and National organs of state and other role players and communities. The NDMC is part of the Department of Provincial and Local Government.
ABOUT THE NDMC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG), through the National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC), is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, towards a qualification in Disaster Management (or a related field).
MORE ABOUT THE NDMC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and a resources allowance (to the maximum value of R11 000).
Successful candidates will be contacted by 10 October 2022 at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with DCoG, through the NDMC.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the NDMC Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NDMC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification, in Disaster Management or a related field (excluding Certificates and PHD qualifications)
- You must be studying/ applied to study/ accepted to study/ registered to study at a public institution of higher learning in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 62% for all subjects in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 62% if you are currently studying
- You must have a total income of LESS than R350 000 per year if you are employed
- You must have a total household income of LESS than R350 000 per year if you are unemployed
- Preference will be given to unemployed students studying for a Disaster Management qualification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NDMC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; NDMC Bursary Application 2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the NDMC bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ acceptance/ registration at a public tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- 2022 mid-year academic results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Latest academic results/ transcripts, if pursuing postgraduate studies
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable)
- Your own proof of income, if employed (latest payslips)
- Disclosure of any other source of financial support
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE BURSARY
10 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) directly:
For technical enquiries contact:
- Contact person: Ms Tshifhiwa Shelter Muntswu (Tel: 012 848 4623 / Cell: 060 981 9700 / Email: ShelterM@ndmc.gov.za)
- Contact person: Ms Koketso Muriel Mpshane (Tel: 012 848 4654 / Email: email@example.com)
- Contact person: Mr Mokhurumelo Harold Kgwetiane (Tel: 012 848 4615 / Cell: 060 983 6914 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
For system-related queries, contact:
- Contact person: Mr Alpheus Mashigo (Tel: 012 848 4631 / Cell: 082 942 9517)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.