UCT International and Refugee Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – UCT
UCT International and Refugee Scholarship South Africa | The University of Cape Town is one of the top academic tertiary institutions in South Africa. Its main mission is to produce individuals who portray excellent leadership qualities as well as strong social justice, and who will later play important roles in government, business, civil society, and industry in South Africa and Africa as a whole.
ABOUT THE UCT INTERNATIONAL AND REFUGEE SCHOLARSHIP – FIELDS COVERED
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is inviting international and refugee students, to apply for a limited number of scholarships for the 2023 academic year..
The scholarship will cover Postgraduate studies (Honours, Masters or Doctoral) at UCT, in ANY field of study.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you updated with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the UCT International and Refugee Scholarship.
MORE ABOUT THE UCT INTERNATIONAL AND REFUGEE SCHOLARSHIP – COVERAGE VALUE | RENEWAL
The scholarship program is supplementary as a contribution toward the student’s Cost of Attendance – students must have the means to fund their studies. The values of the scholarship programs are as follows:
- Honours programme: R25 000
- Master’s programme: R30 000
- Doctoral programme: R35 000
All of UCT’s International and Refugee Scholarships are awarded on a competitive level, and preference will be given to senior candidates.
Should the student be able to maintain satisfactory progress within their course, the scholarship will then also be renewable for the student’s duration of the course of study.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UCT INTERNATIONAL AND REFUGEE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be an International student with a valid passport OR a Refugee with valid Refugee papers
- You must have applied or been accepted to study at the University of Cape Town
- You must be pursuing full-time studies towards an Honours, Masters, or Doctoral qualification
- You must complete your qualification within the minimum amount of time (1 year for Honours studies, 2 years for Masters studies and 3 years for Doctoral studies)
- You must be studying towards your first postgraduate qualification (funding will NOT be awarded for a second degree at the same level or lower level)
- You must have achieved a minimum of 55% for major subjects
- You must NOT be employed on a full-time basis (NOT working more than 20 hours per week)
Students should note that the following applicants will NOT be funded:
- Candidates studying toward an Undergraduate degree
- Candidates studying towards a Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate or HDE
- Candidates studying towards an Honours in the Economic Analysis of Financial Markets (EAFM) program
- Candidates studying towards a Master’s in MMed or MBA
- Candidates studying toward a Part-time degree
- Candidates studying towards a degree with less than 33% research components
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UCT INTERNATIONAL AND REFUGEE SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the: UCT International and Refugee Scholarship Application 2022 (.docx)
Students who currently hold this scholarship and would like to apply for renewing their scholarship must complete the UCT Form 10F.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Passport, if an international student (certified copy)
- Refugee papers, if a refugee in South Africa (certified copy)
- 2 academic referee reports, from academics who have taught or supervised you at the university level (to be attached to your application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Transcripts of ALL previous institutions (certified copy)
- Translated copy of your academic record, if your home language is not English (certified copy)
- Unofficial transcripts, if you studied at UCT (copy)
- Abstract of the proposed research, if a Master’s or Doctoral applicant (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications
- Masters by Research or Doctoral applicants: if you have an established or prospective supervisor, download and complete Section E of the application form
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
- Compile all of the required documents into 1 pdf file (in the order listed on the application form).
- Insert the following in the email subject line: “International | Refugee APPLICATION 2022 – First name, Surname and Student number”
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UCT INTERNATIONAL AND REFUGEE SCHOLARSHIP
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the University of Cape Town directly:
Postgraduate Funding Office
Tel: 021 650 3622
Contact page: http://www.students.uct.ac.za/students/fees-funding/postgraduate-degree-funding/contact
SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
****SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES BY MONTH
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme