SANRAL High School Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANRAL
SANRAL High School Scholarship South Africa | The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL), founded in 1998, is a South African state-owned enterprise with the responsibility of maintaining, managing and developing the expanding National Road network within the country.
SANRAL is owned by the South African government and represented by the Minister of Transport. The company’s vision is to be a global leader in the provision of a superior national road network, with Integrity; Participativeness; Excellence; Care and Pro-activeness as the core values.
ABOUT THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
SANRAL is inviting high school students to apply for the High School Scholarship, for the 2023 academic year. The scholarship is aimed at students entering Grade 8 to Grade 12, regardless of subject choice.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on academic merit and financial need (in line with SANRAL’s Bursary Policy), as well as other applicable conditions.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SANRAL High School Scholarship.
MORE ABOUT THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, OTHER BENEFITS & SELECTION
The scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, school fees, boarding fees, books, stationery, school uniform, sports uniform, transport and extra lessons.
The tuition fees will be paid directly to the school, after receiving the school fees statements. Other fees will be reimbursed to the parent or guardian after receiving original proof of payment and a claim form.
Scholarship holders will also receive the following benefits:
- Learner Support to help prepare for studying and academic success.
- Holistic support, including career information and guidance in a desired career path.
- Psychological counselling, career coaching, extra classes and exam preparation are dependent on a needs assessment.
Successful candidates will be contacted after the final selection process has been completed. If you have do not received any feedback by the end of January 2023, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be entering Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12 in 2023
- You must be registered to study at an endorsed South African high school
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have a household income of less than R550 000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the the SANRAL High School Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- June 2022 academic results (certified copy)
- A motivational letter was written by the applicant (stating why you deserve the scholarship and about yourself: 2 pages)
- A motivational letter was written by your school principal to support your application
- The motivational letter was written by your parents or guardians to support your application
- Parents or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: to Gcina Sentletse: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SANRAL Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
38 Ida Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact SANRAL directly:
Contact Person: Gcina Sentletse
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.