SANRAL High School Scholarship South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANRAL
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL), founded in 1998, is a South African state-owned enterprise with the responsibility of maintaining, managing and developing the expanding National Road network within the country.
SANRAL is owned by the South African government and represented by the Minister of Transport. The companies vision is to be a global leader in the provision of a superior national road network, with Integrity; Participativeness; Excellence; Care and Pro-activeness as the core values.
ABOUT THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
SANRAL is inviting students from Grade 8 to 12 to apply for the High School Scholarship award for the 2022 academic year. Students who aspire for academic excellence, regardless of their subject choices, should apply.
MORE ABOUT THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The value of the scholarship awarded will depend on the Means Test – all applications will undergo a Means Test, which is a calculation used to determine the amount of financial assistance SANRAL will provide. The applicants family may need to contribute to any outstanding fees, depending on the results of the Means Test.
The scholarship may provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, school fees, stationery, books, school and sports uniform, hostel fees and transport. School fees will be paid directly to the school (per the school fees statements), while school and sports uniforms, stationery and books expenses will be refunded to parents (after submitting original proof of payment and a claim form).
Scholarship holders will also receive:
Learner Support to help prepare for studying and academic success.
Holistic support, including career information and guidance in a desired career path.
Psychological counselling, career coaching, extra classes and exam preparation are dependent on a needs assessment.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have do not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be in Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11 or Grade 12
- You must be registered to study at an endorsed South African high school
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have a good academic record
- You must NOT have any other funding which covers their school fees: if applying for a full scholarship
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the SANRAL High School Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- June 2021 academic results (certified copy)
- The motivational letter was written by the applicant (stating why you deserve the scholarship and about yourself: 2 pages)
- The motivational letter was written by your school principal to support your application
- The motivational letter was written by your parents/ guardians to support your application
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed)
- Parents/ guardians proof of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Gcina Sentletse: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SANRAL Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANRAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Head Office – Tel: 012 844 8000
Pretoria – Tel: 012 426 6200
Pietermaritzburg – Tel: 033 392 8100
Port Elizabeth – Tel: 041 398 3200
Cape Town – Tel: 021 957 4600