Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary | The Ubuhlebezwe Municipality (KZ5a5) is a Category B municipality, situated within the Harry Gwala District Municipality (DC43), in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. The Municipalities main economic sectors are agriculture, tourism and business.
Ubuhlebezwe, translated from isiZulu, means “The Beauty of the Land” – it is a place with beautiful scenery varying from rolling hills, green trees, and wetlands as well as grasslands and thornveld.
ABOUT THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipal area, for studies within the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Finance Management / Accounting Studies
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Town Planning
MORE ABOUT THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation and meals.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipal area, in the KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2022
- You must be registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution (University) in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards Municipal Priority Skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Application forms can be collected from the Municipality Office (during working hours: Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 16:30).
Your application form must be signed, dated and stamped by your ward councillor.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or smart ID card (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution, for the 2023 academic year. (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Institutions fee structure and banking details (on institutions letterhead)
- Your personal contact details
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Attention: Mr G.M. Sineke
P.O. Box 132
– Hand delivery:
29 Margaret Street
Note: Please mark your application “Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary Application”
CLOSING DATES FOR THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2023 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mrs M Modi
Tel: 039 834 1904
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.