Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEA) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – DEDEA
Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEA) Bursary South Africa | The Department of Economic, Developments, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEA) were created to mandate responsible economic development and environmental affairs within the Eastern Cape Province and South Africa.
The DEDEA oversees six main entities, namely Coega, ECDC, East London IDZ, Eastern Cape Liquor Board, Eastern Cape Gambling Board, and Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency. Having the responsibility for Economic Development, the DEDEA has four main focal points: integrated economy, business regulation and governance, trade and industry development, and economic planning.
The DEDEA also has an environmental responsibility, honing in on five main programmes: compliance and enforcement, policy coordination and environmental planning, biodiversity management, environmental quality management, and environmental empowerment services.
ABOUT THE DEDEA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Eastern Cape province, for studies within the following fields, related to Economic Development and Environmental Management:
- Degree: Business Law (Focus area: Consumer Studies) (1 bursary to be awarded)
- BSc: Energy Studies Masters in Renewable and Sustainable Development (Focus area: Energy Studies) (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- BTech BSc: Agri-Economics (Focus area: Manufacturing and Agricultural Sector Development, Urban Planning, Industrial Engineering) (3 bursaries to be awarded)
- BCom: Statistics, BA: Human Ecology and Community Development, Bachelor of Community Development, International Studies (Focus area: Statistics, Development, and Infrastructure) (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- BSc: Environmental Science (Waste Management), BSc: Environmental Science (Air Quality Management) (Focus area: Pollution and Waste Management) (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Degree: Environmental Policy Planning, Design, Sociology, and Environmental Economics (Focus area: Environmental Research and Policy Development) (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- Degree: Environmental Management and Biodiversity Coastal or Marine Management Climate Change (Focus area: Environmental Management) (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- BSc: Environmental Chemistry (Focus area: Scientific Studies) (2 bursaries to be awarded)
MORE ABOUT THE DEDEA BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | OBLIGATIONS
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the DEDEA Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEDEA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Eastern Cape province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged community
- Preference will be given to students who have passed all relevant subjects
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THE DEDEA BURSARY
Download and complete the DEDEA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the DEDEA bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Recent passport-sized photograph (to be attached to the application form)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ progress report/ certificate
- Proof of admission/ acceptance to a tertiary institution
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents’ or guardian’s ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardian’s proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit and certified copy of pension card if receiving a pension)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in either one of the following ways:
Bursary Office: Human Resource Development
Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEA)
Private Bag X0054 Bhisho
– Hand delivery:
Phalo House Building
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DEDEA BURSARY
20 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the DEDEA directly:
Contact person: Mr Thabo Manetsa
Tel: 066 486 8229
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered