Tiso Foundation Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TISO FOUNDATION
Tiso Foundation Bursary South Africa | The Tiso Foundation, a Public Benefit Organization, was established in 2001 to provide bursaries, scholarships and other awards for research and teaching. Since the bursary programme began, over R100 million has been invested in over 50 students who have received funding for their studies – in the future, the Foundation aims to support 20 students each year.
The Foundation, partnered with South African Universities, identify previously disadvantaged and underprivileged students who have shown determination and academic talent.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The Tiso Foundation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to deserving previously disadvantaged students, for Undergraduate studies in ANY field, at any University or the University of Technology.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Tiso Foundation Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE TISO FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – OPPORTUNITIES
Students will be selected based on 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need.
Bursary recipients will receive life skills training and academic support throughout the duration of the bursary, and after graduation, bursars will be assisted to find employment via the network of corporate and institutional relationships.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TISO FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 34 years old
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background (Black, Coloured or Indian)
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, towards a qualification in ANY field
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution (University or University of Technology) in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% if currently studying
- You must be unemployed
- You must be in financial need
- You must be dedicated and committed to your studies
- You must have an excellent positive attitude
- You must be willing to give back to the community and participate in upliftment programmes
- You must be able to provide references with your application
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TISO FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Tiso Foundation Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration, acceptance or provisional acceptance at University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable, death certificates if deceased)
- 2 academic testimonials
- 4 essays, based on these topics:
- 1) History and circumstances: about your history and your personal circumstances
- 2) Study course | university: why you have chosen your specific course and university
- 3) Leadership: situations where you have shown to be a leader in your community, at work or whilst studying, with specific examples
- 4) Social cause: the social cause is close to your heart and why
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TISO FOUNDATION BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Tiso Foundation directly:
Tel: 011 784 4111
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.