The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PAUL MTHIMUNYE BURSARY FUND
The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund was created with the aim of financially assisting high school and tertiary students within the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality (in Mpumalanga), who are not only financially needy, but also academically deserving. In 2005, the Bursary Fund first started funding tertiary students and since then, more than 200 high school pupils and over 100 tertiary learners have received funding.
The Bursary Fund receives support from community members, the private sector, the Mpumalanga Provincial Education Department and the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality. Some of its donors include: Eskom; ABSA; Multichoice; BHP Billiton and Shanduka Coal.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund is aimed at students within the following fields of study:
- (as well as other fields of study related to the labour market principle of supply and demand)
Please note: high school students will receive outright grants, while tertiary students will receive bursary loans.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Phola and Greater Middelburg (Ogies) area
- From the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality
- Proven financial need
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric with a Bachelors pass (exemption)
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document OR birth certificate (certified copy of)
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 year end results AND latest Matric results (certified copies of)
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate AND latest tertiary results (certified copies of)
- Proof of enrolement or acceptance to study at a recognised tertiary institution
- Proof of residence
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
Applications must be submitted to:
P.O. BOX 390
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund directly:
Tel: 013 242 1785