The Rhodes Trust Scholarship / Bursaries 2023 – 2024
About Rhodes Trust Scholarship Fund
The Rhodes Trust Scholarship / Bursaries 2023 – 2024 | The Rhodes Trust Scholarship fund awards bursaries to postgraduate students and covers all University fees, a personal fee as well as an economy airfare to Oxford at the beginning of the study term and again back to South Africa after the completion of the studies. The Rhodes Trust Fund was established in 1903 and is most likely the oldest International Graduate Fund, in addition, to probably also being the most prestigious. This Scholarship was established to aid in the development of spectacular leaders who would fight for all in the world and make public duty their aim in life.
Candidates will be selected on their literacy ability, and academic achievements but also their truthfulness, courage, sympathy, kindness, unselfishness, and fellowship towards others in addition to their devotion to duty and protection of the weak. They need to be born leaders with a keen instinct and interest in their surroundings.
The Rhodes Trust Bursaries Available
To qualify for a bursary from the Rhodes Trust candidates must hold at least their 1stDegree, therefore, candidates currently in their last year of study of for their 1st Degree are eligible. Students get a two-year study period that could under specific conditions be extended to three-year studies if they are heading for DPhil.
Here are some of the available study fields for the Rhodes Trust Bursary
- Ancient History – DPhil
- Ancient Philosophy – MST
- Anthropology – DPhil
- Bachelor of Civil Law – BCL
- Bible Interpretation – MST
- Biochemistry – DPhil
- Computer Science – DPhil
- Executive MBA – EMBA
- Experimental Psychology DPhil
- Geography | the Environment – MPhil
- Global Business PGDip
- Global Health Science – MSc
- Management Studies – DPhil
- Materials – DPhil
- Physiology, Anatomy, and Genetics – DPhil
- Plant Science – DPhil
- Politics DPhil
- Sociology | Demography – MPhil
- Software | System Security – MSc
For more study fields at Oxford have a look at their fields available.
The Rhodes Trust Bursaries Requirements
- Candidates must be South African citizens with a valid ID Book / Card and be permanent residents.
- Candidates must possess or obtain a first-class in their disciplines.
- Candidates must be between 19 | 25 to qualify unless they are medical students or doctors then the age limit is 27.
- Candidates of any race, gender, religion, disability, social background or ethnic origin may apply.
The Rhodes Trust Bursaries Application
Bursaries’ online applications can be found on their website if there are any interested candidates.
Candidates applying must also provide the following documentation:
- Candidates must provide a certified copy of their birth certificates as proof of their age.
- Candidates must provide certified copies of their Degree certificates.
- Candidates need to provide a certified record of their academic results that is official.
- Candidates must supply information regarding any employment or business undertaking they were involved in while studying or after completion of studies.
- Candidates must provide a detailed CV including their high school and college or university careers as well as their cultural, sports, political and community activities or involvements.
Candidates must also include a personal statement of a 1000 words or less with the following:
- Give a thorough indication of your future plans for your life once your studies have been completed.
- Explain your aims and priorities as well as contributions you are planning to make to society in general.
- State the chosen field of study or degree you wish to pursue and show that you can meet the requirements of the chosen study field.
- If a candidate wishes to study further towards a DPhil they should include an outline of their suggested research.
- Candidates must write and sign this personal statement on their own with no aid from others.
The personal statement is extremely important to the application and ought to be taken seriously.
Candidates must ensure that all people listed as referees have valid and working contact details included where they can be contacted by the committee. Include home and business lines, as well as cell phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and postal addresses. Get permission from the people you select as referees and only use people that are most likely to respond even to written requests. Four of the chosen referees ought to be University Lecturers or teachers who would be able to comment on your academic capability. It is not preferable to use friends as referees but rather people who can comment from a critical perspective such as school teachers or ministers.
Please remember to add your personal home address, home phone number, cell phone number and e-mail address in addition to all the required documentation.
To send your applications via the postal system please bear in mind that all documents have to be certified copies and not originals, do not staple, bind or fold the application.
Applications can be mailed to:
The Rhodes Scholarships in South Africa
The General Secretary
Mr Ndumiso Luthuli
P.O. Box 41468
E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rhodes Trust Bursaries Closing Date
The closing date for applications is usually the middle of August each year. If you are up for a challenge and have what it takes apply now.
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December