Stellenbosch University GEM Scholarship South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER – STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY GEM
Stellenbosch University GEM Scholarship South Africa | Stellenbosch University is a public research university located in Stellenbosch, within the Western Cape province of South Africa.
The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences (GEM) at Stellenbosch University has been operating since January 2014 and is responsible for a full-time residential doctoral programme that is functional across all academic disciplines within the Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences.
GEM’s objectives include: providing partially structured programmes for full-time, residential doctoral education within all the departments of the Faculty; increasing the Faculty’s amount of PhD graduates; providing greater access to doctoral education in economic and management sciences; and constantly developing and providing support structures for PhD studies within the Faculty.
ABOUT THE STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY GEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Stellenbosch University’s Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences (GEM) is inviting students to apply for their scholarship programme, for the 2023 academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded for PhD studies at the Stellenbosch University Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences, in these Research Themes:
- Business Management
- Centre for Sustainability Transitions (CST)
- Industrial Psychology
- Logistics (Transport Economics)
- School for Public Leadership
- Stellenbosch Business School
- The Africa Centre for HIV/AIDS Management
Applicants should read the full list of Research Themes here.
MORE ABOUT THE STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY GEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The scholarship will cover 3 years of full-time doctoral studies, to the value of R138 000 per year.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Stellenbosch University GEM Scholarship.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 15 October 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY GEM SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (or an equivalent qualification in special circumstances)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% in your Master’s degree
- You must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University
- You must intend on studying full-time towards a PhD qualification at Stellenbosch University’s Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences
- You must intend on studying within one of the Research Themes listed above
- You must be able to commence your studies on 16 January 2023
- Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 40
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY GEM SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Stellenbosch University GEM Scholarship Application 2022 (.docx)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document, if a South African citizen
- Passport photo page, if an international student
- Diploma or degree certificates of qualifications completed (on institutions letterhead)
- Official study records/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of competency in English (English language proficiency test results or publications written in English)
- A motivational letter stating why you are suitable for this scholarship (maximum 1 page) (to be completed on the application form) ( how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae (to be completed on the application form)
- A brief outline of your proposed approach to the research topic for which you would like to apply (to be completed on the application form)
- 3 academic references, of which 1 must be the supervisor of your Master’s degree (reference letters must testify your potential to complete a doctoral study programme and must be emailed directly to GEM@sun.ac.za by 1 August 2022)
Applications must be submitted via email to: GEM@sun.ac.za
(Insert the words “GEM Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY GEM SCHOLARSHIP
1 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Stellenbosch University directly:
Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.