South African Bulk Terminals (SABT) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SABT
South African Bulk Terminals (Pty) Ltd (SABT) is the freight management arm of the Bidvest Group, which provides freight management services including handling, storage and transportation of bulk commodities.
SABT owns and operates two world-class bulk terminals in the Port of Durban (DBS and RBT) and serves customers worldwide.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The South African Bulk Terminals (Pty) Ltd (SABT) will be awarding bursaries for full-time studies in ANY field of study for the 2021 academic year. Bursaries are available for Matriculants who intend on entering their 1st year of tertiary studies in 2021, and current full-time tertiary students who require funding for 2021.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees and any other study-related costs that meet the approval of SABT management.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – if you do not receive any feedback by 28 February 2021 at the latest, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 35 years old (at time of application)
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full-time in 2021
- Studying or intend on studying at a tertiary institution in South Africa accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET)
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the South African Bulk Terminals (SABT) Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at the tertiary institute (on tertiary institutes letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees (on tertiary institutes letterhead)
- Doctor’s letter confirming disability, if applicable
- Motivation Letter and short Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the word “BURSARY2021” in the email subject line).
Please note the following important details:
1) Application forms must be submitted in PDF format.
2) No hard copy applications will be accepted (only emailed applications will be considered).
31 January 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact South African Bulk Terminals directly:
Tel: 031 327 5000