South African Bulk Terminals (SABT) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SABT
South African Bulk Terminals (SABT) Bursary South Africa | South African Bulk Terminals (Pty) Ltd (SABT) is the freight management arm of the Bidvest Group, which provides freight management services including handling, storage and transportation of bulk commodities.
SABT owns and operates two world-class bulk terminals in the Port of Durban (DBS and RBT) and serves customers worldwide.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
South African Bulk Terminals (Pty) Ltd (SABT) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for ALL fields of study, to current and prospective students.
ABOUT THE SABT BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees and any other study-related costs that meet the approval of SABT management.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 31 March 2023 at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview before the final selection is made.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SABT Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SABT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must under 35 years old (at the time of registration for studies)
- You must be currently in Matric in 2023 or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding
- You must be unemployed
- You must be available for on-site work experience if required
- Preference will be given to students who reside and study in Durban in accordance with SABT’s Employment Equity and Business Operational requirements
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THE SABT BURSARY
Download and complete the SABT Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SABT bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most academic records, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at the tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees (on institutions letterhead)
- Doctor’s letter confirming disability, if applicable
- Affidavit confirming parents’ or guardians’ job
- Motivation Letter and short Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Proof of Durban residential address, if applicable
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “BURSARY2023” in the email subject line).
1) Application forms must be submitted in PDF or Word format.
2) No hard copy applications will be accepted (only emailed applications will be considered).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE THE SABT BURSARY
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact South African Bulk Terminals directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.