Solar Capital Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – SOLAR CAPITAL
Solar Capital Bursary South Africa 2024 | Solar Capital has the vision of creating a new generation of affordable power through solar electricity. With innovation driving its philosophy, Solar Capital and Phelan Energy aim to develop its own lines of proprietary technologies through its efficient Research and Development Department. The company aims to increase its volume internationally and enhance its global footprint by being the world’s most cost effective energy producer, without sacrificing quality. To do this, Solar Capital plans to remain efficient, innovative and practice cost management.
Solar Capital also creates solar farms that are both commercially viable and act as a basis for various community projects. These projects address economic development and sustainable employment, ensuring that Solar Capital continues to address social challenges and uplift society.
ABOUT THE SOLAR CAPITAL BURSARY PROGRAMME
Solar Capital is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
The Solar Capital Orange Bursary will be awarded to students who reside within the Hantam District (Northern Cape), for studies towards ANY higher certificate, diploma, degrees, or equivalent NQF-rated qualification.
Through its economic development project, Solar Capital hopes to create jobs, educate, enhance enterprise development, and increase social stability within its various communities.
MORE ABOUT THE SOLAR CAPITAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation (at the university’s residence or a private landlord), books, laptop, transport and a living allowance.
The bursary will cover the student for the duration of their studies.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Solar Capital Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SOLAR CAPITAL BURSARY PROGRAMME
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Hantam District (Brandvlei, Calvinia, Loeriesfontein, Nieuwoudtville and surrounding areas), in the Northern Cape province
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric and be on a gap year (i.e not studying yet)
- You must intend on studying full-time in 2024
- You must have applied or been accepted to study at a DHET/ SAQA recognized tertiary institution
- You must be unemployed
- You must show an interest in renewable energy
- You must have BBBEE status (i.e. from the Black, Coloured, Indian, etc. demographic)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SOLAR CAPITAL BURSARY PROGRAMME
Applications must be submitted online at: Solar Capital Bursary Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Solar Capital Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric term 2 report, if certificate is not available (with school stamp)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance letter for 2024 (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae stating any work experience and background (advantageous but not essential)
- Bursary agreement/ letter/ offer, if receiving funding from another company/ NSFAS
- Department of Labour Employment Equity Act (EEA1) Form, and a Doctors’ letter, if living with a disability
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (3 months latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of SASSA grant or pension if applicable)
- Parents or guardians ID documents or death certificates (certified copy)
- Signed consent form if under 18 years old
Note: certified documents must be no older than 3 months.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SOLAR CAPITAL BURSARY PROGRAMMES
15 January 2024 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Solar Capital directly:
Tel: 021 433 0366
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here