PPS Foundation Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – PPS FOUNDATION
PPS Foundation Bursary South Africa 2024 | The PPS Foundation was formed in 2016, with the main goal of improving access to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields and nurturing the talent of youth in South Africa. Since the foundation was formed, over 105 students have received funding for their tertiary studies.
The PPS Foundation was formed by PPS, an authorised financial services provider, who provides customised investment, healthcare and insurance solutions for graduate professionals. PPS is the only company in South Africa that is a mutual financial services solely for graduate professionals.
ABOUT THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The PPS Foundation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for degree studies within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields, which are scarce and critical sectors in the country. Bursaries are also available for studies within the Humanities field.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the PPS Foundation Bursary.
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main criteria: financial need and academic performance. The bursary is available from the 1st year of study, through to Honours level.
ABOUT THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OBLIGATIONS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, text books, meals and accommodation at university residence. Students will also receive access to other resources, to reduce the challenges of the learning and teaching experience.
Bursary recipients in the 1st year of study will be required to attend on-campus contact support sessions, facilitated by the PPS Foundation, at certain times throughout the year.
Bursary recipients are required to submit their statement of results at the end of each semester, as soon as they are received, in order to continue receiving funding.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or enrolled to study full time, at recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- You must have a household income of NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates and financially deserving Black candidates (African, Coloured, Indian)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: PPS Foundation Bursary Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the PPS Foundation bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy – not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results if certificate is not yet available (certified copy)
- Full academic record to date, including most recent transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration for current academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Financial Statement from University student finance department
- Proforma invoices for prescribed books
- Lease agreements, if living in private accommodation
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY
15 January 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE PPS FOUNDATION BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the PPS Foundation directly:
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here