Silulumanzi Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SILULUMANZI
Silulumanzi Bursary South Africa | Silulumanzi is a private provider of quality water and wastewater services within the City of Mbombela Local Municipality (CoMLM). The history of the company dates back to 1999, when Silulumanzi was formed with the aim of rending water services as part of a Public Private Partnership (PPP).
Silulumanzi is a subsidiary of South African Water Works (SAWW) and each day the company provides over 400 000 residents with more than 120 million litres of safe drinking water. Silulumanzi prides itself in being a reliable and efficient utility, providing quality water and sanitation services on behalf of the City of Mbombela.
The company makes use of the latest technology and trained staff to efficiently manage water services, in order to provide an environment that promotes sustainable life and economic development.
ABOUT THE SILULUMANZI BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Silulumanzi is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded to students from disadvantaged backgrounds, who wish to join the Water Industry, particularly for studies within the following fields:
- Biology (BSc Degree)
- Chemical Engineering (BSc Degree)
- Civil Engineering (BSc Degree)
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current/ light current) (BSc Degree)
- Environmental Science (National Diploma)
- Fitter and Turner
- Fitting (including Machinery)
- Information Technology (BSc Degree)
- Instrumentation Mechanical
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc Degree)
- Quantity Survey (BSc Degree)
- Water Care (National Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE SILULUMANZI BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWAL, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, study materials and accommodation. Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and are renewable each year based on academic performance.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to join the Silulumanzi Water Learning Academy on a fixed term basis.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SILULUMANZI BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the fields listed of study
- SYou must be studying OR been accepted to study at an accredited tertiary institution (University/ University of Technology/ FET College) in South Africa
- You must be interested in joining the Water Industry
- You must have achieved a minimum of Level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to: females students, previously disadvantaged individual and candidates with disabilities
- Preference will be given South African citizens who reside within the above contractural concession areas of Mbombela city: Daantjie, KaMagugu, KaNyamazane, Luphisi, Matsulu, Mattafin, Mpakeni, Msogwaba, Tekwane, Zwelisha
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SILULUMANZI BURSARY
Download and complete the Silulumanzi Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from any of the Silulumanzi Customer Care Offices (as listed below).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Birth Certificate (certified copy)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- 2020 exam results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Supplementary exam results, if applicable (on tertiary letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees (invoice/ statement/ account/ receipt) in writing on tertiary institutes letterhead
- Proof of disability, if applicable
- Proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificates if deceased)
- Motivational letter explaining reason why you chose your field of study (on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Bursary Department
P 0 BOX 12753
2) Hand delivery:
To any of these Silulumanzi Customer Care Offices:
– KaNyamazane Customer Care Office:
KaNyamazane Shopping Complex
Chris Hani Drive
– Matsulu Customer Care Office:
Stand no 438
Matsulu Civic Centre
– Mbombela City Customer Care Office:
18 Nel Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SILULUMANZI BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Silulumanzi directly:
Tel: 013 752 6839
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2021
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024