Siemens Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – SIEMENS
Siemens Bursary South Africa 2024 | Siemens Aktiengesellschaft (“Siemens AG”), a German conglomerate company and Europe’s biggest industrial manufacturing company, was founded in the year 1847 by Werner von Siemens. The companies main divisions include Energy; Industry; Infrastructure & Cities and Healthcare. The company is a leader in the fields of electronics and electrical engineering and provides systems, solutions and products throughout the automation, digitalization and electrification value chain.
Siemens Proprietary Limited, South Africa is a local subsidiary of Siemens AG. The company has had a presence in Africa for the past 150 plus years, while the companies history dates back to 1860 in Cape Town, South Africa.
Headquartered in Munich and Berlin, Germany, the company employs over 372 000 staff members across the globe (in Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East).
ABOUT THE SIEMENS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Siemens is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Bachelor Of Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy and Light Current) (BEng or BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Mechatronics) (BEng)
- Information Technology/ Computer Science and Computer Engineering (BSc)
Siemens is inviting students who are passionate about Engineering and Technology, innovators and willing to make a difference to the sector.
ABOUT THE SIEMENS BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursary recipients will be required to perform vacation work at Siemens.
Applicants who satisfy the bursary requirement criteria will be contacted by Siemens for a virtual video interview. Students who pass the interview process will then be awarded a bursary. Please note that if you have not been contacted, your application was not successful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Siemens Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIEMENS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 25 years old
- You must be unemployed
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on study full-time, towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Pure Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for the current year of study (Matric or tertiary studies)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding (NSFAS/ bursary/ scholarship etc)
- You must meet the registration requirements of your tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged backgrounds
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIEMENS BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Siemens Bursary Application 2024
(Reference number: 390076)
Applicants will be required to Register an account before they can Login and apply.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Siemens bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online bursary application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIEMENS BURSARY
To be confirmed.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Siemens directly:
Contact form: https://new.siemens.com/za/en/general/contact.html
Please do NOT contact Siemens if this bursary has already closed.
View our other bursaries open for application here