Seriti Bursary 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SERITI
Seriti Bursary | Seriti is a 91% black-owned South African mining company, co-owned by 4 black shareholders, including; Community Investment Holdings (CIH); Thebe Investments; Zungu Investments (Zico) and Masimong Group.
The company is co-owned by 4 black shareholders, including; Community Investment Holdings (CIH); Thebe Investments; Zungu Investments (Zico) and Masimong Group. Seriti has over 3,000 direct employees and 3,000 contractors and 3 mines: New Vaal, New Denmark and Kriel.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Seriti is inviting students to apply for their Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Corporate and Community Relations: BA Communication Science/ Public Relations equivalent (final year)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) | Mechanical Engineering: BSc/ BEng/ NDip/ AdvDip (2nd, 3rd, 4th year)
- Environment: BSc Environmental related/ BTech (final year)
- Finance: Bachelor of Commerce in Finance (2nd year)
- Geology: BTech/ BSc Geology (Honours)
- Human Resources: Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource/ Labour Law/ related qualification (2nd year)
- Metallurgy: BSc Eng/ BEng/ BTech in Extractive Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering (2nd, 3rd, 4th year)
- Occupational Hygiene (VOHE): BSc Mining/ Engineering/ BTech Science, (major in Occupational Hygiene) (final year)
- Rock Engineering: BSc Engineering (Mining)/ BSc Geology (Hons)/ BEng Tech (final year/ Honours)
- Survey: Bachelor of Mine Surveying, BTech, NDip (final year)
MORE ABOUT THE SERITI BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, OBLIGATIONS | SELECTION
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance, accommodation allowance and meal allowance. The bursary will NOT provide cover for the previous year’s failed subjects or modules, as well as any outstanding tuition fees including interest charged.
As part of the Seriti bursary contract, students must adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Students must pass their studies
- Students must partake in vacation work if required
- Students must undertake the work-back obligation after graduation
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Seriti Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SERITI BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or Honours year of study (see fields of study above)
- You must be registered and studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa (the University of Science or University of Technology)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for your current studies
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding
- You must NOT be studying towards a bridging course/ foundation program
- Preference will be given to students in Seriti’s communities
- Advantageous (not essential but will be favourable to your application):
- Temporary working experience in the field of study (vacation work)
- Understanding of relevant legislation with regards to the Mining Industry, including the Mine Health and Safety Act and ability to interpret relevant legislation correctly
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SERITI BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Seriti Bursary Application 2022
(Ref No: VAR122/22GS)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Seriti Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record for the 2023 academic year. (certified copy)
- Brief Curriculum Vitae (in PDF format)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance letter at a tertiary institution
- Proof of residence
Note: applicants are requested to use Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents. Documents must have been certified within the last 3 months.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SERITI BURSARY
20 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Seriti directly:
Tel: 011 047 7000
Contact page: https://seritiza.com/contact/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.