Royal Bafokeng Platinum Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ROYAL BAFOKENG PLATINUM
Royal Bafokeng Platinum Bursary South Africa | Royal Bafokeng Platinum (RBPlat), formed by a joint venture between Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH) and Anglo American Platinum, is a mid-tier platinum group metals producer. The company’s operations include the Bafokeng Rasimone Platinum Mine (North and South shaft), the BRPM Concentrator complex, Styldrift, and the Maseve concentrator plant.
ABOUT THE ROYAL BAFOKENG PLATINUM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Royal Bafokeng Platinum (RBPlat) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for ALL fields of study, however, preference will be given to students pursuing studies in the following Core Mining Disciplines:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
MORE ABOUT THE RBPLAT BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION & RENEWAL
Bursary recipients will be selected based on academic performance and students must maintain an acceptable level of academic performance, to continue receiving bursary funding.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 21 days after the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROYAL BAFOKENG PLATINUM BURSARY
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the RBI Bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification in any discipline (Core Mining disciplines are preferred) (Postgraduate students may be funded if it’s a minimum requirement for employment in a chosen discipline)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Core Mining disciplines students: you must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for the following subjects: Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy), Physical Science, and English
- Finance and Supply Chain students: You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for the following subjects: Mathematics and English
- You must have the following skills and knowledge: self-management skills, responsibility, ability to work with others, self-disciplined, hardworking with perseverance
- You must have a clear credit record and a clear criminal record
- You must be fit for duty/ have a certificate of fitness
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE RBPLAT BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Royal Bafokeng Platinum Bursary Application 2024
(Reference Number: 15528)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the RBPlat bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric term 2 results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Tertiary Acceptance Letter
- Full Academic Record, if currently studying
- Proof of Residence
CLOSING DATE FOR THE RBPLAT BURSARY
12 September 2023 (at 12 am).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Royal Bafokeng Platinum directly:
Contact page (go to the “job applications” tab for recruitment contacts): https://www.bafokengplatinum.co.za/contacts.php
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.