GrandWest Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GRANDWEST
GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is the sole casino in Cape Town, as well as the biggest entertainment destination in South Africa. Aside from the incredible casino, GrandWest is also a family-friendly destination, which offers a range of kids’ entertainment, ice-skating, ten-pin bowling, arcade games, laser tag, movie cinema and restaurants.
The GrandWest Bursary Fund was formed in 2007, to help assist students who were previously excluded from all social-economic developments, to further their studies at tertiary level.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
GrandWest will be awarding 40 bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Trade skills
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for registration fees, tuition fees and a R5 000 allowance for textbooks. Accommodation and stationery will NOT be covered.
Bursaries do NOT have to be paid back, but students are required to contribute 40 hours of community service.
Once students have submitted their applications, they will undergo screening, shortlisting and then final selection.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- NOT older than 27 years old
- Reside within the Western Cape province
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (first degree/ course only)
- Studying at a recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa
- Strong academic record
- Determination to succeed and study hard
- From a disadvantaged community and have been previously excluded from socio-economic developments
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the GrandWest Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance, if currently at tertiary level
- Full statement/ detailed quote from tertiary institution outlining course fees
- Proof of address
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslip, if employed: certified copy/ affidavit if unemployed, elderly, disabled or sick)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
GrandWest SED Bursary Fund
Private Bag X777
3) Hand delivery:
GrandWest SED Bursary Fund
GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World
1 Jakes Gerwel Drive
13 January 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact GrandWest directly:
Contact Person: Genevieve Smith (Sustainability Manager)
Tel: 021 505 7590/ 021 505 7593/ 021 505 7594/ 021 505 7578