GrandWest Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GRANDWEST
GrandWest Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023; GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is the biggest entertainment destination in South Africa. The facility boasts a world-class casino, an arcade games centre featuring interactive games; rides and ten pin bowling alleys, 2 ice rinks, as well as movie cinemas, restaurants, bars, conference facilities and 2 accommodation options. GrandWest is owned by Sun International, one of the biggest tourism, leisure and gaming groups in Africa.
The GrandWest Bursary Fund was formed in 2007, to help assist students who were previously excluded from all social-economic developments, to further their studies at the tertiary level. Every year, multiple students receive funding from the GrandWest Socio-Economic Development (SED) Bursary.
ABOUT THE GRANDWEST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
GrandWest is inviting students from the Western Cape to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year Fund 2021.
Bursaries are available for undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
- Tourism and Hospitality
MORE ABOUT THE GRANDWEST BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and R5 000 allowance for textbooks (other expenses, such as accommodation and stationery will NOT be covered).
Please note that the GrandWest Bursary only covers fees for the current year of study, and does not cover outstanding student debt.
Bursaries do NOT have to be paid back, but students are encouraged to take part in community-based projects. Students will be required to submit reports of their volunteering duties completed.
Students are required to reapply for funding each year, which will be awarded based on maintaining a satisfactory academic record.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 27 years old
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must have completed Matric in South Africa
- You must be studying or registered to study full time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study (postgraduate and part-time studies will NOT be funded)
- You must be studying towards your first degree/ tertiary qualification
- You must be studying or registered to study at one of these public tertiary institutions: the University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, Stellenbosch University or the Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- You must have a strong academic record
- Must NOT be employed full time
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
Download and complete the GrandWest Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualification):
- ID document (certified copy) (no older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at one of the aforementioned institutions (on institutes letterhead)
- Full academic record with results from the prior year, if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of acceptance to study at one of the aforementioned institutions, if currently studying at tertiary level (on institutes letterhead)
- Full statement/ detailed quote from tertiary institution outlining course fees (on tertiary letterhead)
- Course overview (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (if employed: certified copy of latest payslip, if unemployed, disabled/ sick/ elderly: affidavit stating so)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “GrandWest Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact GrandWest directly:
or call the Head Office on 011 780 7000
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.