GrandWest Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GRANDWEST
GrandWest Bursary South Africa | GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is the biggest entertainment destination in South Africa. The facility boasts a world-class casino, an arcade games centre featuring interactive games; rides and ten pin bowling alleys, and 2 ice rinks, as well as movie cinemas, restaurants, bars, conference facilities and 2 accommodation options. GrandWest is owned by Sun International, one of the biggest tourism, leisure and gaming groups in Africa.
The GrandWest Bursary Fund was formed in 2007, to help assist students who were previously excluded from all social-economic developments, to further their studies at the tertiary level. Every year, multiple students receive funding from the GrandWest Socio-Economic Development (SED) Bursary.
ABOUT THE GRANDWEST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
GrandWest is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students from the Western Cape, for undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Tourism and Hospitality
MORE ABOUT THE GRANDWEST BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and R5 000 allowance for textbooks (other expenses, such as accommodation and stationery will NOT be covered).
The GrandWest Bursary only covers fees for the current year of study and does not cover outstanding student debt.
Bursaries do NOT have to be paid back, but students are encouraged to take part in community-based projects. Students will be required to submit reports of their volunteering duties completed.
Students are required to reapply for funding each year, which will be awarded based on maintaining a satisfactory academic record.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the GrandWest Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 27 years old
- You must reside within the Western Cape province
- You must have completed Matric in South Africa
- You must be studying or registered to study full time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study (postgraduate and part-time studies will NOT be funded)
- You must be studying towards your first degree/ tertiary qualification
- You must be studying or registered to study at one of these public tertiary institutions: University of Cape Town (UCT), University of the Western Cape (UWC), Stellenbosch University (SU) or Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- You must NOT be carrying subjects from the previous academic year
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must NOT be employed full time
- Students with disabilities or impairments are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
Download and complete the GrandWest Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the GrandWest bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy) (not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at one of the aforementioned institutions (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record with results from the prior year, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance to study at one of the aforementioned institutions, if currently studying at tertiary level (on institutions letterhead)
- Full statement/ detailed quote from tertiary institution outlining course fees (on institutions letterhead)
- Course overview (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (if employed: certified copy of latest payslip, if unemployed, disabled/ sick/ elderly: affidavit stating so)
- Details of any other bursaries/ financial assistance received
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “GrandWest Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact GrandWest directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.