GrandWest Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GRANDWEST
GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is the biggest entertainment destination in South Africa. The facility boasts a world-class casino, an arcade games centre featuring interactive games; rides and ten pin bowling alleys, 2 ice rinks, as well as movie cinemas, restaurants, bars, conference facilities and 2 accommodation options. GrandWest is owned by Sun International, one of the biggest tourism, leisure and gaming groups in Africa.
The GrandWest Bursary Fund was formed in 2007, to help assist students who were previously excluded from all social-economic developments, to further their studies at the tertiary level. Every year, multiple students receive funding from the GrandWest Socio-Economic Development (SED) Bursary.
ABOUT THE GRANDWEST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
GrandWest is inviting students from the Western Cape to apply for funding with the GrandWest Socio-Economic Development (SED) Bursary Fund 2021. Students who are registered to study at UCT, UWC, SUN or CPUT, in these fields may apply:
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and R5 000 allowance for textbooks (please note that accommodation and stationery will NOT be covered).
Please note that the GrandWest Bursary only covers fees for the current year of study, and does not cover outstanding student debt.
Bursaries do NOT have to be paid back, but students are encouraged to take part in community-based projects. Students will be required to submit reports of their volunteering duties completed.
Students are required to reapply for funding each year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be under the age of 27 years old
- Must reside within the Western Cape province
- Must have completed Matric in South Africa
- Must be studying or registered to study full time, towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study (postgraduate and part-time studies will NOT be funded)
- Must be studying towards your first degree/ tertiary qualification
- Must be studying or registered to study at one of these public tertiary institutions: the University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, Stellenbosch University or the Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Must have a strong academic record
- Must be determined to succeed in your studies
- Must NOT be employed full time
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GRANDWEST BURSARY
Students interested in applying for the GrandWest SED Bursary must send an email to the following email address to request a copy of the application form: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy) (no older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record with results from the prior year, if currently at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Letter of registration/ acceptance to study at one of the aforementioned institutions (on institutes letterhead)
- Full statement/ detailed quote from tertiary institution outlining course fees
- Course overview
- Proof of address
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (if employed: certified copy of latest payslip, if unemployed: affidavit, if disabled/ sick/ elderly: proof of grant)
30 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact GrandWest directly:
or call the Head Office on 011 780 7000