The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA) Bursary 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NERSA
The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA) Bursary; The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA), a regulatory authority, is responsible for regulating the electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipelines industries within the country. The Energy Regulator includes 9 members, including part-time and full-time members, and is supported by personnel under the direction of the CEO.
ABOUT THE NERSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
NERSA is inviting postgraduate students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year.. The bursary is open to students who are interested in following a career in the energy sector.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a master or Mid-PhD Degree, in fields that are in line with NERSA’s regulatory mandate, which includes the regulation of the electricity, piped gas and petroleum pipelines industries.
MORE ABOUT THE NERSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the NERSA Bursary.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed books. The total value of the bursary will be determined by the financial means test.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NERSA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must intend on studying towards a master or Mid-PhD Degree within one of the fields above, in 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must demonstrate potential for academic success
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- You must be interested in following a career in the energy sector
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NERSA BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility requirements must apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- The full tertiary academic record of highest qualification completed (certified copy)
- University or University of Technology acceptance letter (on institutions letterhead)
- Dissertation topic and an abstract
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded a bursary (approximately 500 words)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians household proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
The National Energy Regulator of South Africa
Human Resources Department
PO Box 40343
– Hand delivery:
Physical address: NERSA Offices
526 Madiba Street
Note: applications must be marked for the attention of Ms Lena Rankhumise.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NERSA BURSARY
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact NERSA directly:
Contact Person: Ms Lena Rankhumise
Tel: 012 401 4600
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.