Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY
Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary South Africa | The Saaberie Chishty Youth Society is named after its founder, the Muslim Saint Hazraat Saabir Paak (Sheikh Sayed Alauddin Ali-Ahmed Saabir R.A), whose tomb is situated at Kalyar Shareef Rurkie, Nothern India.
The Saaberie Chishty Society provides a multitude of services to the community, mainly to Lenasia, surrounding areas and broader South Africa. The Society is committed and dedicated to servicing humanity, and has blossomed into a society that operates in a multitude of important services to our community.
ABOUT THE SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Saaberie Chishty Society is inviting students to apply for the Zakaat Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in ANY field, for students in financial need who qualify for Zakaat.
MORE ABOUT THE SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books and study materials, meals and accommodation at your institution. The bursary will NOT provide cover for the following expenses: meals and accommodation at a private residence, travel costs to and from the University, and stationary costs such as laptops, pens writing books etc.
Zakaat is the main eligibility criteria, however, academic ability and course selection will also be considered.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a Foreign National with a study permit for South Africa
- You must be under 30 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards your first and only degree, in 2023
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa
- You or your family must qualify for Zakaat (“poverty-stricken” individuals/ families, i.e. the unemployed, those with menial or low-paying jobs and those with insufficient income) (read about qualifying for Zakaat here)
- You must be of the Muslim faith
- You must NOT have funding for the 2023 academic year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary Application 2023
Enter “www.zabursaries.co.za” in the field asking how you heard about the Saaberie Chishty Society Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution, for the 2023 academic year (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians/spouses’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians/spouses’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension advice if on pension, proof of grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouses 3 months bank statements
- A motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary (must include the following aspects: Introduce yourself; Your background, accomplishments, and achievements; The reason behind your course selection and the profession it will lead to and what you will accomplish by pursuing this field) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY BURSARY
The selection process of the bursary will include the following:
- The bursary committee will review all applications and shortlist potential candidates.
- Applicants will be notified regarding the status of their application after the process has been finalised (via email or text).
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview (via phone, email or Whatsapp).
- The interview will be conducted in person at the Saaberie Chishty Offices or via MS Teams/Zoom depending on location.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a bursary acceptance form and submit their registration documents to Saaberie Chishty for payments to be processed.
- Payments will be made directly to the learning institution or book supplier.
- Students are required to submit their mid-year and final-year academic transcripts to the society, indicating their progress.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAABERIE CHISHTY SOCIETY BURSARY
23 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Saaberie Chishty Society directly:
Tel: 011 854 3166
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.