Ngodwana Energy Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – NGODWANA ENERGY
Ngodwana Energy Bursary South Africa | The Ngodwana Energy Biomass Power Plant is located in the Emakhazeni District, along the N4, in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa. The plant came on stream in March 2023 and uses biomass recovered from surrounding plantations and screened waste material from the mill production process. Ngodwana Energy is 30% owned by Sappi Southern Africa.
ABOUT THE NGODWANA ENERGY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ngodwana Energy Biomass Power Plant is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Diploma and Degree studies within the following fields, to students residing within surrounding communities (within the Emakhazeni Local Municipality and the City of Mbombela Local Municipality):
- Accounting and/or Finance
- Business Administration
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Management
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology (IT) and/ or Robotics
- Risk Management
- Safety Management
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NGODWANA ENERGY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 35 years old
- You must reside within one of the following beneficiary communities:
- Emakhazeni Local Municipality: Ward 5 Communities (Arlie, Hemlock, Sycamore) or Ward 7 Communities (Engwenya (Waterval Boven))
- City of Mbombela Local Municipality: Ward 12 Communities (Berlin, Bhamjees, Elandshoek, Kaapsehoop, Ngodwana, Schagen, De Goedehoop Farm) or Ward 14 Communities (Kankanyisa (Agri-Village), Lugedleni, Metaffin, Mbambo, Newstands, Skomsplaas, Sterkspruit, Woodhouse))
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be registered or accepted to study full-time, towards a Degree or Diploma in one of the fields listed above, in 2023
- You must be registered or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited higher education institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 60% for your most recent studies
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding (including NSFAS)
- You must NOT be in student debt for longer than 3 years
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NGODWANA ENERGY BURSARY
Students who meet the above criteria may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Most recent academic record or statement of results (Grade 11 final results/ Matric preliminary exam results/ Matric certificate/1st-semester results)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a higher education institution (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Statement of account from your higher education institution, if applicable (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of residence in one of the above communities
- Motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension or SASSA grant if applicable)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Za.NGX.AdminNe@sappi.com
(Insert the words “Ngodwana Energy Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NGODWANA ENERGY BURSARY
27 January 2023 (at 17:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Ngodwana Energy directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.