UFS Honours Bursary South Africa 2022
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – UFS
UFS Honours Bursary South Africa | The University of the Free State (UFS) is one of the oldest and most reputable South African tertiary institutions. It opened its doors in 1904 and was then known as Grey University. Today, this institution consists of many campuses with two diverse ones in Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa, housing more than 40 000 students in seven faculties. Over the years, UFS has seen an increasing amount of international students and associates as well as a growth in community involvement.
ABOUT THE UFS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The University of the Free State (UFS) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for full-time Honours studies at UFS, to students in need of financial support.
MORE ABOUT THE UFS BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | OBLIGATION
The bursary will provide once-off partial cover for tuition fees.
Candidates who receive the UFS bursary will be required to attend compulsory CGS Research Capacity Development workshops. Failure to do this may result in the award being retracted.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the UFS Honours Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UFS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You may be a South African citizen, permanent resident or International student
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree (at any institution)
- You must have achieved a minimum average of 65% for your undergraduate studies
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in the minimum prescribed period
- You must intend on studying full-time, towards an Honours qualification at the University of the Free State
- You must demonstrate strong academic ability
- You must NOT be employed
- You must NOT be receiving any government bursary/ scholarship award (this includes the NRF)
- You must NOT be receiving the UFS Staff Study Benefit/ Remission on your tuition fees
- You must NOT already hold an Honours or final year, B.Tech Degree
- You must NOT be registered for your second year of an Honours degree
- You must NOT be a student that has received funding from the Postgraduate school in the previous years
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UFS BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; UFS Honours Bursary Application 2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the UFS Honours Bursary.
- Applicants who did NOT complete their undergraduate degree at UFS:
submit your academic records (in pdf format) via email to: PostgradFunding@ufs.ac.za
(Insert the words “Application for UFS Honours Funding” and your UFS student number in the email subject line).
- Applicants who completed their undergraduate degree at UFS:
do NOT have to submit your academic record, it will be accessed by the Centre for Graduate Support.
NOTES ABOUT THE UFS BURSARY
- The bursary award cannot be used to pay off outstanding student debt.
- Should you meet all the relevant criteria, it does NOT mean that you will automatically receive the award.
- The bursary is awarded based on academic merit and the availability of funds.
- The bursary is NOT available to undergraduate students (regardless of the degree they are engaging in) as well as, students planning to study a Postgraduate Diploma qualification (such as a PGCE and Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting).
- Your academic record should indicate the undergraduate qualification you have obtained.
- Candidates (including international students) who did not obtain their undergraduate degrees at UFS must ensure their academic record includes their final marks in percentages (not symbols.) This request must be made to the previous university by the candidate.
- Please ensure that your academic record is in PDF format.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UFS BURSARY
15 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of the Free State (UFS) directly:
Contact person: Lindiwe Booi
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.