Master Builders Association Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MASTER BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
Master Builders Association Bursary South Africa | The Master Builders and Allied Trades Association, Western Cape (known as “the MBA”) was founded in 1891 and is affiliated with Master Builders South Africa (M.B.S.A.). It is the oldest organisation of its kind in the country.
Its membership is made up of around 400 companies within the Western Cape – most of which are building products, building subcontractors, builders, building merchants or manufacturers. The Association is for ensuring that its members maintain a good reputation and continued investment in building works responsible
ABOUT THE MBAWC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the Built Environment sector, specifically in these fields:
University Degree studies:
- Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Construction Studies (BSc)
- Construction Management (BSc (Hons))
- Quantity Surveying (BSc (Hons))
- Project Management (MSc)
- Masters studies (subject to motivated application)
- other fields
University of Technology National Diploma (Non-NSFAS focus) studies:
- Construction (Extended) (Diploma)
- Construction (Diploma)
- Construction (Advanced Diploma)
- Construction Health | Safety (Advanced Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Master of Construction
- other fields
MORE ABOUT THE MBAWC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year of study and is renewable based on satisfactory academic performance.
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees only, to be paid in 2 instalments to the tertiary institution. The first instalment will be paid after funding has been approved, while the second instalment will be paid subject to a mid-year performance review.
Successful candidates will be notified by no later than 13 February 2022 – candidates must then accept or decline the offer within 3 working days.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the MBAWC Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MBAWC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric at a school within the MBA Western Cape area of jurisdiction
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the Built Environment qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be entering your 1st year or higher year of study in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution within the Western Cape province
- You must NOT qualify for NSFAS funding (your parent’s or guardian’s household income must exceed the NSFAS requirement – between R350 000 and R700 000 per annum)
- You must NOT qualify for any other bursary fund or support from a SETA/ CETA
- Preference will be given to employees of MBAWC member companies or their family members
- Preference will be given to applicants employed by a member company compliant with the BIBC benefit system for at least 24 months uninterrupted
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MBAWC BURSARY
Download and complete the MBAWC Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the MBAWC bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photograph to be attached to the application form (recent, passport sized)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record/ results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (see further details on the application form) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Affidavit confirming that your parent’s or guardian’s income exceeds the cap for NSFAS funding (see further details on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “MBAWC Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
The MBAWC Office
(Att: Benjamin Zantsi)
– Post/ delivery:
The Training | Development Officer
MBA Development Trust
PO Box 382
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MBAWC BURSARY
20 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC) directly:
Contact person: Benjamin Zantsi (Training Officer)
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered