Master Builders Association Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MASTER BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
Master Builders Association Bursary South Africa | The Master Builders and Allied Trades Association, Western Cape (known as “the MBA”) was founded in 1891 and is affiliated with the Master Builders South Africa (M.B.S.A.). It is the oldest organisation of its kind within the country.
Its membership is made up of around 400 companies within the Western Cape – most of which are building products, building subcontractors, builders, building merchants or manufacturers. The Association is for ensuring that its members maintain a good reputation and continued investment in building works responsible
ABOUT THE MBAWC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC) is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the built environment sector, specifically these fields:
University students – Degree qualifications:
- Civil Engineering (B.Sc.)
- Construction Studies (B.Sc.) (UCT)
- Construction Management (B.Sc. (Hons)) (UCT)
- Quantity Surveying (B.Sc. (Hons)) (UCT)
- Project Management (M.Sc.)
- Master studies
University of Technology students – National Diploma (Non-NSFAS focus) qualifications:
- Construction (Extended) (Diploma)
- Construction (Diploma)
- Construction (Advanced Diploma)
- Construction Health & Safety (Advanced Diploma)
- Quantity Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Master of Construction
MORE ABOUT THE MBAWC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year of study, and is renewable based on satisfactory academic performance.
The bursary will provide cover for tuition fees only, to be paid in 2 installments to the tertiary institution.
Successful candidates will be notified by no later than 4 March 2022 – candidates must then accept or decline the offer within 3 working days.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MBAWC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric at a school within the MBA Western Cape area of jurisdiction
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution within the Western Cape province
- You must NOT qualify for NSFAS funding (your parents or guardians income must exceed the NSFAS requirement)
- You must NOT qualify for any other bursary fund or support from a SETA/ CETA
- Preference will be given to candidates who are employees of an MBAWC member company and their family members
- Preference will be given to candidates employed by a member company who is compliant with the BIBC benefit system, for at least 24 month consecutive months
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MBAWC BURSARY
Download and complete the MBAWC Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photograph to be attached to the application form (recent, passport sized)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record/ results (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (see futher details on the application form)
- Affidavit confirming that your parents or guardians income exceeds the cap for NSFAS funding (see futher details on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Hand delivery:
The MBAWC Office
Attention: Letitia van Rensburg
– Post/ delivery:
The Training & Development Officer
MBA Development Trust
PO Box 382
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MBAWC BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Master Builders Association Western Cape (MBAWC) directly:
Contact person: Letitia Janse van Rensburg (Training Officer)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round