Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa ILASA Bursary 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ILASA
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa ILASA Bursary | The Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) mission is to advance and represent the Landscape Architecture profession within the country. The ILASA is made up of 3 bodies that represent members nationwide: ILASA Gauteng, ILASA KZN and ILASA Cape.
The Institute aims to create demand for the Landscape Architecture service, both within the private and public sectors of the country. They are registered with the South African Council for the Landscape Architectural Profession.
ABOUT THE ILASA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a Degree in Landscape Architecture (at the Undergraduate or Postgraduate level).
Bursaries will be awarded based on these main criteria: academic results, financial need, university requirements, availability of funds and the ILASA bursary policy.
MORE ABOUT THE ILASA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will provide partial cover, towards the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and residence fees (in exceptional circumstances). ILASA awards a maximum bursary amount of R40 000 per student.
Bursary awards will be paid directly to tertiary institutions and other relevant service providers.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the ILASA Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ILASA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a South African naturalized citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Landscape Architectural degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutions, which is registered and accredited with SACLAP (South African Council of the Landscape Architectural Profession): the University of Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology or University of Pretoria
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your previous year of study
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to financially needy students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ILASA BURSARY
Download and complete the ILASA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the ILASA bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips or official company letter confirming income if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ financial balance sheet if self-employed) (certified copies)
- Official academic record from school/ tertiary institution for previous years of study (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application (including details of your academic ability, financial need and future career plans) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
NOTES ABOUT THE ILASA BURSARY
- Successful applicants will be required to sign the ILASA Bursary Agreement after the bursary has been awarded.
- Applicants must read the ILASA Bursary Policy
- All applicants will receive an email to confirm receipt of their application.
- Final selections are made by the ILASA NEC.
- Successful candidates will be contacted – thereafter, unsuccessful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are requested to keep all original copies of documents submitted for the bursary application, as they will be requested when awarding the bursary.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ILASA BURSARY
8 November 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ILASA directly:
ILASA Bursary Committee
Contact Person: Nadia Funke
Cell: 084 804 8924
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round