Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality is situated in Limpopo Province, within the Sekhukhune District Municipality. The Category B4 municipality is bordered by Elias Motsoaledi, Fetakgomo, Ephraim Mogale, and Lepelle Nkumpi Municipality. The meaning behind the naming of the Municipality is that Makhuduthamaga means “executives” – a term for the Fetakgomo movement in the 50’s.
The rural municipality is powered by traditional land ownership and has a population of more than 270 000 residents and over 65 000 households. The Municipality is spread over an area of more than 2000 sqm and the main language spoken across the main areas is Sepedi.
ABOUT THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the municipal jurisdiction area of Makhuduthamaga (Limpopo), for undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Economics (BCom)
- Environmental Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Regional and Town Planning
- Waste Management
Candidates will be selected based on 2 main criteria: academic excellence and financial need.
MORE ABOUT THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: registration fee, tuition fees, study materials, accommodation in student residence and meals.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality area, in Limpopo Province
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the fields above, in 2024
- You must be studying or have been accepted/ provisionally acceptance to studying at a registered and accredited institution of higher learning within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Download and complete the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from these municipal service points:
- Makhuduthamaga municipal head office (next to Jane Furse Plaza)
- Jane Furse Library, Eensaam Library, Phokwane Library and Phaahla Library
- Education Circuit Offices within Makhuduthamaga
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or progress report (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institution letterhead)
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, affidavit if unemployed, latest financial statements if self-employed, certified death certificates if deceased)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Municipal head office (HRD office)
1 Groblersdal Road
(Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 16:30)
Private Bag X434
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MAKHUDUTHAMAGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
26 January 2024 (5 working days after Matric results are to be released).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact the Makhuduthamaga Local Municipality directly:
Contact person: Mpogeng TM
Tel: 013 265 8616 / 013 265 8658
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here