Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – BUSHBUCKRIDGE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality was named after the large herds of bushbuck spotted in this location, as well as the WNW-ESE ridge which is a prominent feature in the southeast. It is Mpumalanga’s largest local municipality, according to its population and land mass.
The Municipality is based in the northeastern part of Mpumalanga and the southeastern part of Limpopo and also includes a section of the Kruger National Park. It is a presidential nodal point and third-level administrative division of Mpumalanga’s Ehlanzeni District. The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is surrounded by Limpopo’s Mopani District Municipality to the north, by the Nkomazi Local Municipality and Mbombela Local Municipality to the south, by Mozambique to the east and by Maruleng Local Municipality and Thaba Chweu Local Municipality to the west.
ABOUT THE BUSHBUCKRIDGE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Bushbuckridge area, for studies within the following scarce skills fields:
- Accounting BCom
- Agricultural Studies
- Computer Science
- Development Studies
- Financial Management
- Information Technology (IT)
- Law Studies
- Public Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Social Science
- Tourism Management
- Urban and Regional Planning/ Town Planning
- Water and Wastewater Management
- Youth in Development
- other Management studies
MORE ABOUT THE BUSHBUCKRIDGE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all the details about the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BUSHBUCKRIDGE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 35 years old
- You must reside within the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality area, in Mpumalanga
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or intend on studying at an accredited higher education institution in South Africa
- You must be from a disadvantaged and indigent family
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BUSHBUCKRIDGE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Application forms can be collected from the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality (R533 Graskop Road, Opposite Mapulaneng Driving Licensing Testing Centre, Bushbuckridge) or the nearest municipal regional offices.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement (certified copy)
- Proof of indigent status/ parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension receipt if receiving pension, death certificate if deceased, letter from a social worker if orphaned)
- Proof of residence
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be delivered to the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality or the nearest municipal regional offices.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BUSHBUCKRIDGE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
26 January 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality directly:
Contact person: Mr Tiisetso Real Modipane
Tel: 081 044 2029
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here