Bitou Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – BITOU MUNICIPALITY
Bitou Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | Bitou Local Municipality is situated in the Western Cape Province and is part of the Eden District Municipality. The Category B Municipality is bordered by the Eastern Cape, as well as the George Municipality, the Kou-Kamma Municipality and the Knysna Municipality.
Previously known as Plettenberg Bay Municipality, it is the easternmost municipality on the Western Cape’s coast, and cover over 990 square km of land between the Tsitsikamma Mountains and the Indian Ocean. Bitou Local Municipality is the smallest of the 7 municipalities within the district. Its towns include Plettenberg Bay, Kwanokuthula, Krantshoek, Keurboomstrand, Kurland, Nature’s Valley and Wittedrift.
ABOUT THE BITOU MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Bitou Municipality is inviting inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Artisan (Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Bricklayer)
- Building Inspectors
- Engineering (Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering)
- Internal Auditing with a focus on Forensic Investigation
ABOUT THE BITOU MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 months of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Bitou Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BITOU MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Bitou Municipal area, in the Western Cape province
- You must have attended school in Plettenberg Bay
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a SAQA-accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University or Technicon)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BITOU MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Bitou Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Bitou Municipality bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results or certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record and latest exam results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance letter from tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration and study costs (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (payslip if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residential address
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Applications must be submitted to:
4 Sewel Street
(Attention: Youth & Sports Coordinators section)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BITOU MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
26 January 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Bitou Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr Duncan Meyer
Tel: 044 501 3457
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here