KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY
KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024; The KwaDukuza Local Municipality is situated within the KwaZulu-Natal Province, in the iLembe District. The Municipality covers a range of area from the Zinkwazi River, to the Tongaat River. The Category B municipality is one of 4 municipalities that make up the district.
KwaDukuza was previously known as “Stanger”, named after William Stanger, a surveyor-general in South Africa, but in 2006 it was changed to “KwaDukuza” by the Minister of Arts and Culture. Today, the town is sometimes still referred to as Stanger.
ABOUT THE KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The KwaDukuza Municipality is inviting students residing within the KwaDukuza area, to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries are available for undergraduate (National Diploma or Degree) studies, within these fields:
- Built Environment
- Civil Engineering
- Community and Economic Development Studies
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Environmental Management
- Internal Audit
- Library Science
- Local Government Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Performance Management/ Monitoring & Evaluation
- Property Valuation
- Public Finance
- Quantity Surveying
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Town & Regional Planning
The KwaDukuza Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries in the following ratio: a minimum of 60% of the available budget will cover non-scarce skills studies and the remaining 40% will cover the government scarce skills listed above.
MORE ABOUT THE KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration or admission fees to the value of R5 000.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the KwaDukuza area of jurisdiction
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved University entrance or endorsement in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate National Diploma or Degree, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding or NSFAS funding
- You must NOT have completed any other qualification or degree or diploma
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the KwaDukuza Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can also be collected from the KwaDukuza Youth Centre, as well as libraries within the jurisdiction of KwaDukuza and other municipal offices.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- New Students: Matric certificate and statement of results (certified copy)
- Returning students: official progress report, with marks, symbols, percentages for all examinations written (certified copy)
- Motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary
- Proof of tertiary admission/ acceptance/ conditional or firm offer (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum from institution for selected course of study, stating number of years of study, number of modules/ subjects to be taken (on institutions letterhead)
- Tuition fees statement from institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit or letter from the Department of Labour if unemployed)
- Parents or guardians list of monthly expenses
- Proof of residents in KwaDukuza
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Post to:
The Municipal Manager: KwaDukuza Municipality, P.O Box 72, KwaDukuza, 4450
2) Hand delivery to:
KwaDukuza Municipilty, Youth Development Office, 42 Goolam Suleman Street, KwaDukuza 4450
Note: applications must be marked “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2022” and should be in a sealed envelope.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
15 February 2022 (at 15:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the KwaDukuza Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr Wiseman Cele
Tel: 032 437 5170
Physical address: KwaDukuza Youth Centre, 41-42 Hullet Street, KwaDukuza, 4450
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.